Nice looking E55AMG W211..... Is this the same car that had a damaged engine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
I just saw this on ebay.
It looks very nice but I remember there was a thread of an e55amg same colour as this with a damaged engine.
Is it the same car? I'm sure that also had 70k+ on the clock [ if it's not the same car ]

I don’t recall seeing this one, I usually have a quick look at most just because…

bit of a vague description and the “ stop, start” not working. was that an option ? looks like the original SBC pump too. All you can do is have a look and go from there…

"Stop start not working..." I guess the seller knows his car and stop/start has been around since the 80's , but I had no idea it was fitted to V8 supercharged Mercedes Benz as way back as 2003 ?!

As above. The seller means Keyless go is inoperable.
I bet some or all the door handles don't operate as they should either.

I'm assuming the engine's been tuned with the stated 500+ bhp?

Personally, I'd assume that there will be no evidence of that other than word of mouth. It might be true; it might not.

I'm assuming the engine's been tuned with the stated 500+ bhp?

Not necessarily.

Mine was running at 510BHP standard.

I think 476BHP was "just what was typed in the marketing" as MB wouldn't want the CLS and SL to be in the same ball park as the E.

I once read Renntech stating most 55 engines were underrated.

They do vary, but without proof, treat it as seller BS...

Personally, I'd assume that there will be no evidence of that other than word of mouth. It might be true; it might not.

There was a discussion about it here a while ago and it was a low mileage e55amg that was the same colour combo as this and looked very clean. I just thought there can't be many e55amg's in this colour combo with low miles.

It's Tealite Blue and I've not seen many of them.

Used to be someone on here called Paul (Savman) with a Tealite Blue estate E55.

Not sure I remember any others but saw the odd one or two over time.

Most E55s were silver or black so anything else was somewhat unusual!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom