Nice looking SL65 for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The owner must have been booting it everywhere then, or just not doing any long runs. Our CL (same engine) will return 20 mpg indicated on a run. 6mpg through town:D.
I agree, on the road 11 mpg would be difficult to achieve outside of central London or a destructed autobahn.

If you have deep pockets it is the ultimate AMG.. £150k new.. very rare.. I am still getting used to my 500BHP... I doubt I would need more... but want and need are very different things!!.... even if this makes 50K (the buyers premium is a bit cheeky) its still a lot cheaper than a 'new' Mercedes (AMG or not) and will no doubt appreciate in value... I think The R230's might be as cheap as they will ever be.. and hopefully going up in value. But I agree missed services are damaging to value... it would put me off completely.. perhaps with the ridiculously low mileage it had not moved in-between two services...but that complicated car needs regular love.. to keep its value.

I’d be all over that if it had a full service history: skipping services puts me off even on low mileage cars. The perfect colour combination though. Now torn.
I keep looking at the listing but I can’t see past the poor service history.

Modern cars don’t like standing still and can lead to problems - if the car hasn’t been serviced according to the schedule, it call into question whether problems with standing unused have been addressed too.

Such a shame, stunning spec.

I agree, on the road 11 mpg would be difficult to achieve outside of central London or a destructed autobahn.
It's probably a headline figure from running the engine cold to the shops. The MPG that we get on the V8 FFRR locally is shocking and Greta wouldn't be too pleased, though I'd explain about the CO2 amortisation over sixteen years etc and then I'm sure she'd come around and want a go in it too. Particularly all of the sumptuous leather.

One of my Favourite MB Colours and SL's with that engine. As the very imformed Mr Dazzler that service history is a definately a No No.

One of my Favourite MB Colours and SL's with that engine. As the very imformed Mr Dazzler that service history is a definately a No No.
We have very similar taste in cars! Even your brief dalliance with the 7-series was my favourite generation of 7-series!

We have very similar taste in cars! Even your brief dalliance with the 7-series was my favourite generation of 7-series!

If Olly has the GTG next year you must bring your AMG GT- C and I'll gate crash with the GTC. As i now live in the wilds of Suffolk instead of an hour away i would have to stay overnight, maybe book a local hotel have a catch up?

Last edited:
If Olly has the GTG next year you must bring your AMG GT- C and I'll gate crash with the GTC. As i now live in the wilds of Suffolk instead of an hour away i would have to stay overnight, maybe book a local hotel have a catch up?
Sounds good. Not seen Olly for ages either, sounds like a plan 👍🏻

I always received over 18 mpg on my SL63 I must drive like a right old fart but then again I am a old fart 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom