Nice name but unfortunate experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Daily mails usual level of journalism and i see the commentators on the article are all still a bunch of holier than though ****wipes.
Stopped reading that rag years ago, jackanory carries more weight.

I don't think it was her artistic talent or lack off that led to her demise. More her chosen subject " her and her husband with a shotgun" My own daubing of me and some farm animals also saw me passed over. Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

its ridiculous. how some employers for piddlingly simple jobs on a bread and water wage expect their applicants to write in with CVs and attend interviews, and written tests, for a crap job that most people wouldn't look twice at, and expect you to be eternally grateful for even an interview. in my day if you turned up looking smart with clean shoes, answered questions with a modicom of common sense, and showed willing, you'd be given a start, if after a few days you didn't get on with it, you'd get your marching orders. This was accepted and everyone was happy, not any more, mores the pity.

What is the issue here exactly?

She apparently did not meet their recruitment criteria. Happens to thousands of people every day.

As long as she was not discriminated against because of her age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, disability, etc, the employer can set whatever standards they deem relevant.

Where's the problem here, and more importantly why is this news...?

its ridiculous. how some employers for piddlingly simple jobs on a bread and water wage expect their applicants to write in with CVs and attend interviews, and written tests, for a crap job that most people wouldn't look twice at, and expect you to be eternally grateful for even an interview. in my day if you turned up looking smart with clean shoes, answered questions with a modicom of common sense, and showed willing, you'd be given a start, if after a few days you didn't get on with it, you'd get your marching orders. This was accepted and everyone was happy, not any more, mores the pity.

How did that work when 20 smartly dressed articulate people turned up for one job?

I was once turned down for a job because (and I am not making this up) "I looked to keen as I was sitting upright in my chair". To add insult they then added "we really liked you and you are exactly what we were looking for but...."

Thinking I may have misunderstood, I asked again. " no it's just the way you were sitting"

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

How did that work when 20 smartly dressed articulate people turned up for one job?

When I'm talking about you'd be hard pressed to find 20 smartly dressed articulates, now you mention it , its not that much different today. But as an employer you use your own judgement, its not difficult to determine who has some where with all, and motivation, and who's talking b******S. :thumb:

I would suggest it was the lack of effort that would be her problem.

"I can't do that" attitute of Gen Y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom