Nice places to vist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
GF and I are coming in August for 5 days.

So far our plans include:
Shanklin - chine & old village
Godshill - model village, cream tea & church
Brighstone, Freshwater Bay, Alum Bay & Yarmouth (if I can find a parking space)
Puckpool Park, putting green and road train into Ryde
Ventnor (again if somewhere to park)
Steam railway (we are staying in Shanklin so maybe go by train to Smallbrook Jct to join steam train)
Sea front at Gurnard for tea & sandwiches

…… might need another visit or two …..

The Spyglass in Ventnor is a favourite pub/eatery of mine :thumb:

I've been known to drive their for dinner from somewhere North of Birmingham :eek:

Just uploaded a pic the newest arrival at Amazon World, had the grandchildren this week and we all went back again, and were really pleased to see the recently born Lemur:
12723268963_b4e58c5f47_z.jpg

I've lived here 15 years now and still finding places to see. Its a great place here, just like England used to be many years ago. Shame there is no investment as some places are looking tired, especially Sandown.

Apparently there's a garlic farm that's well worth a visit - daughter and fiancee were there a while back and loved it.

Must get to the island one of these days - it's another part of my country I've yet to visit but want to.

I've lived here 15 years now and still finding places to see. Its a great place here, just like England used to be many years ago. Shame there is no investment as some places are looking tired, especially Sandown.

My grandparents lived on the island for about 40 years and I used to visit from the 70s-90s. Like you say, it needs a lick of paint in places and that included my grandparents house :)

Apparently there's a garlic farm that's well worth a visit - daughter and fiancee were there a while back and loved it.

Must get to the island one of these days - it's another part of my country I've yet to visit but want to.

There is, and there's a nice shop there too :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom