Nice surprise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rw.perkins

Car
C220 AMG Sport Estate
Long story short, got taken to one side at work today by my boss - 'Quiet word please...'. Thought I was in the dog house. 'What are you doing May the ??'.
Turns out he and a colleague 'won' a VIP day out to one of our suppliers factories for a manufacturing tour, lunch, and the afternoon at MB World for a driving experience. He can't make it, so passed the invite on to me.

Quite looking forward to it, not just the driving, but the museum too. Not sure what the driving will include, but beggars can't be choosers!

Any advice on what to see/do whilst I have the opportunity? I know I must take both parts of my driving licence, but anything else to expect would be appreciated.

Roger.

MB World is a great place to visit IMHO. Suggest you take credit cards and be prepared to spend on momentos of a fantastic day out. Take camera too and enjoy the visit.

That's great. Enjoy the day, I've done a few corporate days there. They have a few different packages but the most common one is some time in an AMG (C, E, or SL). In the AMGs you'll do some car systems control, high speed ABS/BAS braking, laps of the track and skid control, then an off road experience in an ML.

It's great fun. Have a look around the showroom too, they have some nice older Mercs on display too.

Just so you are not under a misconception, the 'museum' is Brooklands which is a 2 minute walk from MB world and well worth a visit. Plan an hour or two for that more if you go deep in museums and like aircraft and busses... Have fun!

- D

Thanks for your comments. I look forward to updating this thread after my visit. As this is a combined day at our suppliers and MB World, I guess I won't get to see all, but sure it will encourage me to return.

MB World also have a museum. Some older mercs of course and racing cars. not as much on display as Brooklands. I enjoyed half a day at each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom