nice w124 for someone up there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That leather is in amazing condition despite the car having covered 229,000 miles and two decades of weathering.....

some worse than others - like mine :D. depends on a year and other things.
earlier models seem to rust less becouse later had water based paint. afaik

nice E500E seats

How badly do these thing rust?

If you get one that's in good order, you can keep the usual wheel arch rust at bay by given them a good clean out with a wire brush, wash/dry & then a coating with a rust inhibitor. I did this with mine and although the arches had the usual bubbling rust, it hasn't spread or broken through since i've had it. I also ensure that it is cleaned regularly especially through winter time to get rid of any salt.

Certainly worth a look for anyone interested in a W124 in the NE of Scotland.
Self leveling rear suspension might be an area to check carefully.
Why so coy about the registration?

Certainly worth a look for anyone interested in a W124

A member is the highest bid so far

history is everything 229,000 top end build cant be far away,maybe not if you are lucky,

history is everything 229,000 top end build cant be far away,maybe not if you are lucky,

A member here had one with 450k on original engine I believe,the gearbox replaced at 350k

A member here had one with 450k on original engine I believe,the gearbox replaced at 350k

was that Druk's 300TE before it got pushed into the side of his house?? The one he bought with 'suspect' mileage (or is that just my memory playing tricks again)

was that Druk's 300TE before it got pushed into the side of his house?? The one he bought with 'suspect' mileage (or is that just my memory playing tricks again)

You mean Pontoneer. His car had a replacement engine though and only had 420k miles on the clock, iirc.

You mean Pontoneer. His car had a replacement engine though and only had 420k miles on the clock, iirc.

See Will - did say my memory was going AWOL...nice use of "only had 420k miles on the clock" BTW:D

240k on mine. maybe i should scrap it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom