Nick Faldo's W124 E320 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is the second late model car I have seen recently with that pattern of seat cover, I didn't know they continued with that patten past 1992........??

quite a price for mbtex and no proof the loom has been done. Granted in other aspects it's very well up together.

Will this reduce my golf handicap if I buy it?:rolleyes:

The price seems pretty fair to me if the car is in the condition the seller reports it to be. I wouldn't mind betting it would be double that if Charles Ironside was selling it!

W124 estates seem to have been popular with golfers. I remember seeing an E280 estate formerly owned by Colin Montgomerie for sale on ebay a few months back as well.

Looks very nice. Love the malachite green but would prefer a dark interior. From the history I am pretty sure the loom would have been done if needed. If not could use as a bargaining point. Personally I think the price is reasonable.

Nice, but green can be a tricky colour to sell.

What wrong with the wiring looms on W124's ? Does it affect all of them or just certain years?

Its made with biodegradable insulation! They all go eventually. The insulation rots. Worse on the later 6 cylinder 280, 320s but can affect any. It will need replacing at some point if it hasnt been done. £600-£800 roughly

As I understand it, any MB manufactured between 1993-1996 is likely to have dodgy wiring.

Generally it's the engine harness that goes as that is the one that is subject to extreme heat.

The looms are labelled and dated (look for a white sticker complete with part number attached to the loom in the vicinity of the battery compartment), so it's quite easy to tell if you're looking at an original or replacement loom.

Hi,

Has the wiring loom been replaced? Is it Leather or is it MB Tex? As you are a dealer are you offering any warranty on this car?

Many thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Neil,

Thanks for your message, answers to your questions as follows:

No the car hasn't had a new wiring loom, however our technician has checked the car over including the electrics and has given the car a clean bill of health.

It's MB Tex.

No we don't provide warranty on any of our cars as they're over ten years old and you can't get warranty.

If you would like more photos just let me know and pr0vide me with a personal email as you can't send them through the Ebay message service.

Regards, David
07768 642432

- citiboy20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom