'Nicked' boot badge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.saunders

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E300TD
Yes, knew it wouldn't take long. Someone has taken the boot star from my C220, helped themself to the shiny star!

Ho hum, looks easy enough to replace, I assume a new one just pushes into the 3 'pin holes' in the boot lid?

Anyway, car goes to dealer today for repair work so will ask cost, equally I assume I can pick one up off eBay for a few quid...

Thought I'd share with you. Funnily enough I'm not overly mad, just really annoyed they slightly scratched the boot surrounding the badge getting it off. At least it wasn't the bonnet star, I may wire that up to some high voltage source lol

Id get the price from the dealer first if i were you. Ive seen many bonnet stars and badges on ebay sell for more than they actualy cost at the dealers!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

Stu

Bought one last week from the main stealers to replace what was left of the old one on my newly inherited C250TD.

Total price was a little over £4 including the 3 plastic grommets to hold it in.

Wow...my first post has been possibly even vaguely useful...

A2037580058 : MERCEDES STAR : EUR 4.16
Bargain :)

Cheap as chips :D :D

Badge sorted - now the turn of the bonnet emblem.

Having replaced my badge at the rear, on the boot, some kind soul help themself to the bonnet star, yanked out of its little socket.

I have had a search on here - is it easy replace? I think, per other threads, I may want to replace with a flat badge, a la CLK. Any thoughts?

I'm well peeved with this(!) :mad:

If it's anything like the W202 one, they are about £10-15 new from the dealership and can be fitted in a matter of seconds :)

Sorry to hear that you have suffered again :(

Good luck,

Will

EDIT - to replace the badge you will just need a pair of pliers - the bottom part of the badge twists to lock it in place.

If you have a friendly dealership they might even fit it for you if you ask nicely! ;)

upright.jpg

clampbefore.jpg

clampafter.jpg

recess.jpg

Reverse to install, obviously :)

That's well unlucky - losing both badges, i hope the replacements remain with the car for the forseeable future.

I'm interested in your thoughts on replacing the front star with a flat clk style one, I've got a c220 and wouldn't mind doing that if my badge goes missing ?

To be honest, I wasn't overly upset, well peeved yes! But not too bad, as I resigned myself to it happening at some point after the boot badge going AWOL.

I'll probably stick with a direct replacement for now, but if it goes again I may change to the flat disc type. I don't mind the look of those; I'll be getting a new grill next lol

If ur going to replace the bonnet star with a flat badge then this shall look out of place unless the OEM grill is replaced with a CL style grill. There are some good quality after mark CL systle grilles available for the W203 saloon.

Like mine :)

MB has no flat bonnet emblems for the 203, they are aftermarket units.
I got mine from Shatz "0870 2406657 and the cost was £30.00 approx.See attached piccy.

Last edited:
andy_cyp said:
Like mine :)

MB has no flat bonnet emblems for the 203, they are aftermarket units.
I got mine from Shatz "0870 2406657 and the cost was £30.00 approx.See attached piccy.

you need clear fog lamps dude ;)

robert.saunders said:
To be honest, I wasn't overly upset, well peeved yes! But not too bad, as I resigned myself to it happening at some point after the boot badge going AWOL.

I'll probably stick with a direct replacement for now, but if it goes again I may change to the flat disc type. I don't mind the look of those; I'll be getting a new grill next lol

Hello everyone. I'm a bit confused (it doesn't take much TBH) with part numbers. Can anyone (Shude? :rolleyes: ) advise me on the part number for my bonnet star - it's a W203, 2002 model.

Is it 202 880 01 86 OR 210 880 01 86??

Help, as ever, appreciated!

Rob

robert.saunders said:
Hello everyone. I'm a bit confused (it doesn't take much TBH) with part numbers. Can anyone (Shude? :rolleyes: ) advise me on the part number for my bonnet star - it's a W203, 2002 model.

Is it 202 880 01 86 OR 210 880 01 86??
IIRC those are the same part anyway. I will try to find out tonight if I get chance.

robert.saunders said:
I may want to replace with a flat badge, a la CLK. Any thoughts?

:mad:

But without the gun sights, how are you going to shoot those pesky BM drivers!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom