Nictry's S-Type

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Looks great! A previous moderator Wheelie bought an S-Type I am sure. He pops in from time to time so if you need an owner in the know, I'm sure a PM to him might help.

I quite like the styling of the S-Type. Interior looks pretty luxurious too.

Have you found any forums?

I am trying to find out more baout the 4.2L Sport model. Seems to have been only avialable from 199-2002 - after which there is only the 4.2R and the 4.2SE. It matches my requirements (saloon, rwd, powerful, toys, possible to find sub £15K) so can go on my watch list.

Last edited:
GrahamC230K said:
Looks great! A previous moderator Wheelie bought an S-Type I am sure. He pops in from time to time so if you need an owner in the know, I'm sure a PM to him might help.

I quite like the styling of the S-Type. Interior looks pretty luxurious too.

Have you found any forums?

I am trying to find out more baout the 4.2L Sport model. Seems to have been only avialable from 199-2002 - after which there is only the 4.2R and the 4.2SE. It matches my requirements (saloon, rwd, powerful, toys, possible to find sub £15K) so can go on my watch list.

Yes I actually thought about buying Graham's S-Type around Xmas time so not sure if he has sold it now?

Did find some global Jag forums but not very UK based so nothing like this forum :(

The only comment on buying pre-2002 is the build quality which seems to be a bit dubious? I went for min cos I ended up with 34 months warranty so hopefully any probs will be fixed without cost, having seen jag dealers prices for anything and everything being so extortianate I will be treading carefully around having to pay them any unannounced visits :crazy:

Second opinion

Well,
I had 3L '03 from dealer, took it for a test drive, the thing broke down on a test drive. Well limp mode sort of thing. Dealer 'Wow sir, this has never happened before ...' , me ' Thank you , nice day'. Be very carefull because quality is hmm, not its best point. As far as luxury is concerned they are gorgeous inside. Get one with Nav. Retrofiting is NOT an option, too expensive.

Regards,

league67 said:
Well,
I had 3L '03 from dealer, took it for a test drive, the thing broke down on a test drive. Well limp mode sort of thing. Dealer 'Wow sir, this has never happened before ...' , me ' Thank you , nice day'. Be very carefull because quality is hmm, not its best point.

To be honest the W211 is also well known for going into limp mode and suspect build quality so I wouldn't let that put anyone off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom