Niggles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Miceindisguise

Car
2010 CLS 350 Grand Edition
Good evening all, I am a new post'er here on MB Club so be gentle with me, I have had a 2010 CLS350 W219 Grand Edition For about 6 months and have a couple of "niggles" in that the heated rear window has stopped working! No idea why, fuse is OK do I need to check the relay? Or as I read randomly somewhere else can the auxiliary battery have a baring on the heated rear windows operation? Any ideas?
Secondly the windscreen washer does not work, more in the motor works but water does not stay in the reservoir, I now foolishly, poured 5 litres of screenwash into the filler to then the following morning have the pure blue liquid tipped over the asphalt under my car! Anywho as much as I have scoured the interweb I cannot find a video or description of how to accces the washer bottle, its got to be something simple, either a cracked bottle or disconnected pipe, but I don't know how get at the bloomin thing anywho any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance! 👍

The washer bottle is underneath the wheel arch liner (behind the front left wheel). Either a split pipe or grommet for the pump. Easy fix.

Good evening all
I am a new post'er here on MB Club so be gentle with me, I have had a 2010 CLS350 W219 Grand Edition For about 6 months and have a couple of "niggles" in that the heated rear window has stopped working! No idea why, fuse is OK so Is it likely to be the relay?
Or as I read randomly somewhere else can the auxiliary battery have a baring on the heated rear windows operation? Any ideas?

Secondly the windscreen washer does not work, more in the motor works but water does not stay in the reservoir, I now foolishly, poured 5 litres of screenwash into the filler to then the following morning have the pure blue liquid tipped over the asphalt under my car!

Anywho as much as I have scoured the interweb I cannot find a video or description of how to accces the washer bottle, its got to be something simple, either a cracked bottle or disconnected pipe, but I don't know how get at the bloomin thing any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance! 👍

I Actually thought it was me and the text had come out in a confusing manner, glad to hear it hadn't!

Back to the thread, welcome OP

Check the connection to the rear heatng element is getting voltage, if you are handy with a volt meter. -check the fuse chart for fuses and relays (fuse chart info online)

I would check the rubber grommet from the pump to the water tank, when you finally get under there, rubber undergoing temp clcles (summer and winter) and being wet leads to deterioation. Also check the pipework. Washer motors are an odd beast, although thes sound like they are working, the gears can be shot and best to replace them, but doiubt thats the issue....

Thank you!
I recently had a problem with my boot, slammed it shut locked and wouldn't open, 3rd brake light went out as did number plate lights!
Panicked as boot was full of stuff, used my physical key to open and read a thread on MB Club, follow the info contained, removed the left part of boot lining and voila found a broken live adjacent the left boot hinge, repaired it and everything fixed so cheers for that!
Hence why I joined!

The washer bottles do split anyway but particularly in the winter if seomeone has just put water in it rather than washer fluid and it's frozen.
As far as I am aware the heated rear window is powered from the main consumer battery in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom