Night before - Screen de-icer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
I saw this and immediately thought “ somebody has invented something that didn’t need to be invented”

But because it a pretty blue colour and smells of bubblegum (a nice bubblegum) and comes in a squirty bottle with a cool trigger Wooh. I had to have it.

CarPlan Demon Ice 1L | Wilko

It is cheaper in Halfords with a Trade Card £3:00 a bottle.

Anyway. It works and it works well. If, like me you get up in the morning then remember that you need a sledge hammer & bolster to de-ice the windscreen. On your return home in the evening, just give your car windows a few sprays and head indoors forgetting all about it.

The next morning you arrive at your car to find virtually no frost.

Best ever.......? You don’t de-glove your nice new multi million £ wiper blades that you forgot to turn off. Your car smells like an explosion in bubblegum factory and the blue gel seems not to act as a paint stripper.

Just my experience folks. Another day another product. Life goes on.

Feel free to post your thoughts especially if you have tried it.

Alternatively you can opt to do what my neighbour did.

He returned to his house, boiled a kettle of water, emptied the kettle of boiling water over his windscreen, watched in horror as his windscreen promptly shattered. This cost several pound notes more than a bottle of Demon De-Icer to replace. But provided me with some great giggles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, Bruce. I may give it a go.

I hate using a scraper on car windows due to the risk of scratching the glass, so always use a de-icer spray instead. My all time favourite as the most effective is Decosol Power De-Icer which I tend to buy in bulk!

Funnily enough I was talking to someone todat who had used it last night and she said she was the only one in the street with a clear windscreen and it was about minus 7 so all sound good. I'll have to look into it

I saw this and immediately thought “ somebody has invented something that didn’t need to be invented”

He returned to his house, boiled a kettle of water, emptied the kettle of boiling water over his windscreen, watched in horror as his windscreen promptly shattered. This cost several pound notes more than a bottle of Demon De-Icer to replace. But provided me with some great giggles.

Yes, there really are people stupid enough to do this. :eek:

I bought a bottle before Christmas in Morrison's. Thought it was a good idea so bought 2 more bottles for Christmas presents for the offspring.
I must have got the deluxe version though cos they charged me £5.00 a bottle.
Not hugely impressed as it seems to need quite a quantity to completely cover the glass

An old towel on your windscreen the night before, its free and isnt harmful to the environment.

Spoilsport.

I have tried this (honest) but it left half the flock of the towel in the frost doubling my problem.

Funnily enough I was talking to someone todat who had used it last night and she said she was the only one in the street with a clear windscreen and it was about minus 7 so all sound good. I'll have to look into it

My experience exactly this morning.

I bought a bottle before Christmas in Morrison's. Thought it was a good idea so bought 2 more bottles for Christmas presents for the offspring.
I must have got the deluxe version though cos they charged me £5.00 a bottle.
Not hugely impressed as it seems to need quite a quantity to completely cover the glass

I have to admit I just gave it a quick waft over starting top left to right and went indoors. I did not use a great deal. I think the idea is that you let it produce a fine mist over the entire area while it is dry.

I may have dreamt that. But it worked for me.

Not forgetting this added to your screenwash bottle in the desired proportions.
s-l1600.jpg

An old towel on your windscreen the night before, its free and isnt harmful to the environment.

Won’t it get blown away by the wind? I’ll give it a try though never thought of that.

Won’t it get blown away by the wind? I’ll give it a try though never thought of that.

Dont generally get wind when there is a hard frost. otherwise tuck it in the doors/windows.

Another little known fact is that when Ted says “A little known fact”, he is usually fibbing.

To be fair Ted it would probably work! Essentially Luke warm water... you can try it and let us know how you get on!!! ;)

Reactions: Ted
A little known fact, but urine is the best de-icer.
Can you describe the circumstances that led you to this interesting discovery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom