Night / fog driving glasses. Any recommendation please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxima

Car
W211
I know what there are special glasses which helps eyes in conditions like:

1. glare from dashboard
2. blinding of headlamps from counter traffic
3. driving in fog

after trying to get trhough all the bla-bla-bla from merchants I get confused and cannot make choice.

Against glare I found polarised glasses. Not only Polaroid but any true polarised (even cheap ones).

Against headlamps work glasses filtering blue colours.

Against fog - yellow glasses.

The question - which brand or model can provide high quality and being made up to proper scientific solution (I mentioned blue and yellow in very general sence - the proper anti-fog and anti-blind glasses are more sophisticated).

Does anyone can share his own personal experience ?

I find the amber/brown lenses on the glasses I wear when skiiing in falling snow, fog, etc, to help in the car - probably for the same reasons that they work on snow (reduce glare and increase contrast).

Tried all sorts - include £100+ - but best results from Tog24 at about £20.

i find it very different to see at night nowadays due to glare.

i had an eye op years back and i know its a side effect.

Would anyone know if it is possible tog et these anti glare specs (yellow ones) on prescription and how much they are?

kbhogalW126 said:
Would anyone know if it is possible tog et these anti glare specs (yellow ones) on prescription and how much they are?
After some additional research and consideration I personally understood that night driving glasses are not really exist.

You still can find something what blocks blue colour and in some particular cases you can benefit from that. Although a lot of people says that any kind of tint is reducing light (which is true) but from other side - blue colour brings much less positive as light but more negative as blinding colour.

In your case I would try to find proper built with A-grade lenses with blue colour blocker (as light as it possible). Or try to find clear lenses with anti-glare tint (not gray but clear). But try blue blocker before buy somehow. Because it is not a fact that reduced glare will make it better if you lose vision because of filtering material.

I saw sport glasses where you can clip on your prescribed optical glasses inside.

I think it was Boile or something...

As another option IMHO you can try find gradient tinted glasses or even order customized lenses. Then you can have a litle blue filtering tint as vertical strip on a right side of lenses (to block light from counter traffic). Or on top (such lenses are exists for sure) to block glare from street lights.

P.S. I think in any case you have to prepare around 100-150 pound to spend if you are lucky or 150-250 if you shop usual way.

Last edited:
maxima said:
I saw sport glasses where you can clip on your prescribed optical glasses inside.

I think it was Boile or something...

I think you mean Bolle.

I had a pair of them a few years ago. They had prescription lenses fixed behind a 'normal' pair of sunglasses. I bought them for windsurfing, and they disintegrated at the first high-speed wipeout. Gave everyone around me a laugh, though. I've worn contacts ever since!

specsavers

i went into Specsavers yesterday and the lassie said that i can get an anti glare coating put on a new pair of lenses for £30. these reduces that "star" effect when you look at lights at night and also has a scratch proof coating included in the price.

If, like me, you wear reactions lenses these can be added for an extra £49.

So, all in all, thats not bad!

Now to find a sexy pair of specs . . . . . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom