Nightmare. Hissing sound from under yr feet when pressing the brake pedal The brake pedal can go stiff and braking is hard work and a juddering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rambosouthlondon

Car
C220 diesel 2019
W205 c220 2019. Hissing when pressing the brake pedal the brake pedal can go hard and normal when out on a drive juddering on the disc with the pedal pressed hard in slow traffic. I readitcould be the vacum booster would this be a hard. Change. Cheers for any advice

It's not a 5 minute job that's for sure. Don't know exactly on your model but generally they are a bit fiddly to get out and replace. It does sound like that is your problem. I think I would find a used one as it is not a common problem.

It’s a c220 w205 2019 Iam shocked it causes the brakes to fail or harden the pedal without any warning I fill like trying my
Luck at the Merc dealership Laing a complaint on heavy as it’s only for 4 yr old car

I fill like trying my
Luck at the Merc dealership Laing a complaint on heavy as it’s only for 4 yr old car
If the car has a complete MB service history it's certainly worth approaching them for a goodwill claim. Be prepared to stump up for a "diagnostics fee" first though.

We go there today

Attachments

• IMG_1324.png
    IMG_1324.png
    912.2 KB · Views: 9
Correct picture sorry

Attachments

• IMG_1337.png
    IMG_1337.png
    731.9 KB · Views: 13
Correct picture sorry
Vacuum in the brake booster is too low....no sh!t sherlock. Could have worked that out from the symptoms....but what is causing the vacuum to be too low - is that another diagnostic fee? A tech might actually take a look at the brake booster.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom