Nightmare on day 1 of ownership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sod the car just look at your driveway. :eek: :)

Stunning (car & location). :thumb:

Love your car & welcome

CALM DOWN!

You won't have "reverted" the firmware unless you plugged it into the computer and uploaded an older version. It doesn't have the memory to save older versions.

Just go in the engineering menu, the DAB (which may be aftermarket hence not coming on as default) can be switched on there and the colour changed back to silver/red from the brown.

Ash...I spoke to Richard at command, he was very knowledgable.

He said it can be done so the plan is to pop the car down to him.

I’m just debating wether to update maps at the same time... but I won’t be using the sat nav really... hmm?

Last edited:
the DAB (which may be aftermarket hence not coming on as default)

DAB is standard on OP’s car

Ash...I spoke to Richard at command, he was very knowledgable.

He said it can be done so the plan is to pop the car down to him.

I’m just debating wether to update maps at the same time... but I won’t be using the sat nav really... hmm?

I rarely use the Satnav in mine, I leave it open so that I can see the arrow and general direction on the cluster. I use google maps on a phone for sat nav, but I am tempted to retrofit CarPlay to use google maps on the screen

I’ve received an updated price on just the software upgrade from command online so I’m going ahead with that

drop them an email :)

Hi
There used to be 3 versions of firmware, GEN1 (brown NTG4.5, model year 2012), GEN2 (silver NTG4.5, MY2013), GEN3 (silver NTG4.7 MY2014 onward). Mercedes then combined GEN1 and GEN2 software and made the colour (brown vs silver) into a software switch. In fact there were some cars that you flash updated and the colour changed from brown to silver and Mercedes created an TIPS document explaining the problem.

Last time I looked (on my old ML63) , you could not change the software switch from engineering mode, you had to use a more clever tool and either change the setting or perhaps to tell the car its MY13 not MY12

However, the slightly confusing thing here is that the user menu reset, somehow wiped out the flash configuration saying what options are on/off and thus took out DAB and other codings. This is weird and suggests that something odd had been done to make the display silver - something that meant the software wiped out a load of stuff during the reset.

I suggested having a firmware update (as I assume the above is some sort of firmware bug), latest maps and some coding to get the colour back ! The reason for the maps, is over the phone it seemed possible something had gone wrong with the maps, but that may not be the case too - but without seeing the car .....

My view is that if you pay for the coding, you'll be doing it again at some point when the configuration next gets lost - so the firmware update is important !!

Now, if the colour change can be done easily in the engineering menu, we'll go down that inexpensive route :)

Cheers

Richard

Seems another big up to Command Online

I'll second that

Stoker

On the plus side after watching this I’ve managed to get everything (DAB/Maps) back to normal other than the colours (still brown)

So my question is now: is there anyone who can do this for me at a reasonable price?

£500 on the first day for pressing a button is just hard to swallow....

Especially when I could spend that on fuel and spirited driving! :D

How did you get the DAB back?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    163 bytes · Views: 5
Just had to turn it on in setting

Also does anyone else find when talking on phone via BT the sound isn’t very loud?

Hopefully this will be improved with the software update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom