nightmare plate dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick mercedes

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Expedition
spellI find myself on the horns of a dilemma, and no matter how much I think about it I can't come to a decision one way or the other. I've decided to eat breakfast. However, I am torn between two cereals.

Without giving too much away, plate A consists of Frosties, while plate B is Rice Crispies, less interesting. However, plate A is identical to yesterdays breakfast.

To complicate matters further, I've run out of Frosties so will have to make a quick dash to fortnums for a new packet, but they charge way over the odds, I have no real bargaining power, but the idea of paying way over the odds for them is anathema to me, but so is going to Waitrose where all the poor people shop.

So, my head says buy eat plate of A (lots of sugar and something to colour in on the back of the packet) but my heart says it has to be plate B (not so sweet, but have a packet in the east wing). One solution would be to buy both, but would they go together?

Hmm. What would you do?

(NB: Suggestions that I abandon the idea and have some Alpen will not be helpful, however well-meaning.)

Last edited:
Did you choose your own avatar Nick or was it voted on you by the rest of the forum?

Another dig at George? Or have I missed the point? Plate B for me every time.

Convention would dictate that your cereal should be served in a bowl. I fear that any attempt to eat it from a plate will come to a messy end.

Nick

You need to ditch the healthy cereals and have a full-English breakfast.

nick mercedes said:
The social implications of eating meals out of order would be too much for the butler to stand.

That's very old fashioned. It's about time butlers are allowed to sit down.

Cereal, you pleb. A gentleman eats kedgeree for Sunday brunch. Line caught haddock naturally.

It was a lovely Sunday morning - hadn't you had your oats :dk:.

The time for cereal came and went - cast aside both plates, it's time for the Sunday Roast now.

The time for cereal came and went - cast aside both plates, it's time for the Sunday Roast now.

I'll need to head over to my place in the country (south kensington) for that, if I can stand mixing with the great unwashed who live there.

Wash your mouths out with soap you naughty naughty people. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom