Nightmare today .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ember Court Roundabout ...

I really really don't want them to write it off , i like that car. If there's no structural damage , and it's just panels , it'll be ok.

Hi Howard,
I'm really gutted for you and hopefully everything works out to your satiisfaction.

Would you want your car repaired and back on the road. Take a time out and look after yourself and look after Angela.

Meldrew2 what a nice getsure but make sure you remove your email address

Regards
John

Edit
Just read Will's comments :eek:

The White Whale has lashhed out

Hope your both ok.. like Will says get yerself checked out

Keep telling youself how lucky you are it wasnt anything bigger that hit you.

It should be considered a no-fault accident so, in theory, you can demand the insurers of the car that hit you return your car to its pre-accident state

There was a step-by-step account of doing this in the Saturday Telegraph Motoring section letters page a couple of weeks ago

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Last edited:
Howard, I'm really very, very sorry to hear about your misfortune - it's terrible. :(

You're a nice guy and certainly didn't deserve this. Make sure you get yourselves checked out medically.

We're all feeling for you.

It should be considered a no-fault accident so, in theory, you can demand they return your car to its pre-accident state

There was a step-by-step account of doing this in the Saturday Telegraph Motoring section letters page a couple of weeks ago

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk
I was thinking about that - being shunted into the car in front will make it more complicated won't it? (As Howard will have to involve his insurers)

Howard.
I opened the thread and said something like 'oh there's a duck'. Feeling gutted for you, that was a nice car.

This may only be panel damage but it's going to cost a lot to fix, especially as the boot floor will be toast and maybe the inner wing leads and the front crossmember.

The good news is that prices have been dropping like a stone since you got this car, so a replacement could be newer and better.

Meldrew2. your offer is fantastic and very generous.
Is now the time to tell you my back's giving me jip.. :D

Anyone else..??

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. Get yourself and the Mrs checked out by a friendly Doctor first thing. Whiplash can last a while, and not show for a day or two. If your work is in anyway physical, you need to do this.......At the least, so ensure you are OK, but if necessary the sooner it is done, the better your chance of any compensation.. Also make sure you get a full detailed and proper report before you make a descions about keeping the car....Right now it is a buyers market.....Jay seems to have a nice one on his site.....

Gutted!

Really sorry to see this one Howard - I thought I was the unlucky one on here!

Unfortunately I believe Will is right and this will be deemded BER unless you personally fight their insurers and keep your insurers out of it, but I ma not sure you can with your car having hit the one in front :(

Mark

Be extra careful this month until 8th Oct depending which direction your house front door faced. Because it double digits either you are double lucky or double unlucky. The lucky numbers are 1,6, 8 and 9. The rest are unlucky.

If you don't believe it, it already happened to prove it. :D

flyingstarfs0908.jpg

http://www.wofs.com/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=52&task=view&id=594

Thank you Septic Peg.

What will this weeks lottery numbers be.?

Howard! noooooooo gutted for you,

Glad your not seriously hurt!

Hate to say it, but that looks like a right off IMO :(

Last edited:
Howard. Am so gutted for you!!

Thank god you're both ok.

Yes, you'll get a replacement, but it must hurt to loose a car as nice as that.

Meldrew2 - what a star!!

Jay.

Sorry to read what has happened. Hope you and Angela are OK.....

Sorry to hear what happened hope you get it all fixed out.

Jim.

That's awful, seeing your lovely car in that state. Health comes first, but I wish you all the best on the insurance front too.

Rich

Crikey!! :eek:

Just glad both you and Angela are OK. Hope the effects wear off soon.

Nice gesture Meldrew2 , just reading this thread makes me want to take up your very kind offer....:cool:

Mark.

best of luck getting it sorted and bad luck but get yourselves checked for any neck injuries.

I've got to agree with the others, they will most likely write that one off.

Just don't settle for anything less as a replacement/settlement.

Howard, I'm really, really sorry to see the result of your sh*t day :( We've never met, but I still feel for you as I would for anyone on this forum. Meldrew2's offer is a fantastic example of how this forum really is much more of a real community than just a group of loosely collected cyber persons, and it feels good to be part of that :rock:

However bad the bent metal is, it's either repairable (perhaps) or can be "fixed" with compensation. People are much more fragile and sometimes injuries aren't immediately obvious so as others have already said, get yourself and Angela checked out soon and again in another month or two, just in case there are any residual injuries.

Good luck with the insurance claim(s) and go have a shedfull tonight. It won't make the problems go away, but it'll take your mind off them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom