Nightmare today .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just read this thread ....... Howard mate -- so sorry to see this happen ... cars can be replaced people can't... jeez time to get back onto the canals .. much safer..

I don't think i could A) stretch to a 55 , or B) insure a 55 ;)

Crockers , i might just go and throw myself in the canal ....

Crockers , i might just go and throw myself in the canal ....

This kind of car accident can be a dreadful shock.
It can result in the obvious physical injuries, but also can cause poor concentration, lethargy, low mood, which can take some time to get over.
You were in the car with Angela; try to share feelings, anger etc & take time to work through it all. Avoid making rash decisions for a while, until you are less shaken up.
It is clear the car means a lot to you, but your health is the most important thing and cars can be replaced if necessary...
This is what we all have insurance for

Take things easy & try to rest
Best Wishes

Edit: Clarified for DMs benefit- thankyou

Last edited:
Why does all the cr@p happen to nice guys? Gutted for you Howard, just when you have had the gearbox sorted too. Sorry dude but that looks like write off material to me (but I am not an accident expert). Pannel work alone is going to cost 1000's. Then there is the rad, condenser and pulleys to sort. Any damage to the supercharger? What about the crankshaft, has that been pushed back? Hope not as that's new engine stuff. But the positive side is that you and the lovely Angela are not hurt as such. Maybe, as others have suggested, its look for a replacement. It's the "Whales Revenge" :D:devil: Told you nothing good would come out of her sale. Take the advice from other members seriously though, get checked out, properly.

If you are into soothsaying, you could have told him before it happened to help him.:rolleyes:

If I did earlier, no one would have believe me. :D

I was aware of the double calamities before the start of this month. *** got a job on precisely the first day of the month. Coincidence?

Really sorry to hear (and see) your bad news. Feel absolutely gutted for you......

If it were me, and it was written off, I would refuse the first 2 offers from the insurance and then suggest a figure whereby you keep the salvage. Believe me, they will let the salvage go for an absolute pittance.

Spend some time finding a bodyshop at the right price and get it fixed.

That way you get your car back and also a nice fat wedge in your pocket to ease the pain of it all.

Really sorry to hear (and see) your bad news. Feel absolutely gutted for you......

If it were me, and it was written off, I would refuse the first 2 offers from the insurance and then suggest a figure whereby you keep the salvage. Believe me, they will let the salvage go for an absolute pittance.

Spend some time finding a bodyshop at the right price and get it fixed.

That way you get your car back and also a nice fat wedge in your pocket to ease the pain of it all.

Exactly, contract repair, quick panel up, car as new, plus a bit of extra to cover the running around...

Sounds so simple when you put it like that ;)

I reckon i'll be swelling the coffers of EuroMerc in the near future :D

Why does all the cr@p happen to nice guys? Gutted for you Howard, just when you have had the gearbox sorted too. Sorry dude but that looks like write off material to me (but I am not an accident expert). Pannel work alone is going to cost 1000's. Then there is the rad, condenser and pulleys to sort. Any damage to the supercharger? What about the crankshaft, has that been pushed back? Hope not as that's new engine stuff. .

3.2 V6 so not supercharged. The car drove for 2 miles , albeit slowly ( 10/20 mph ) except for at one roundabout where a corsa tried to cut me up and i booted it and then thought ' hang on , the cars held together with bits of rope , what am i doing :crazy: '

Engine seemed to be running fine though. Rad , actually isn't punctured , so could go again , but condensor and fan on back have been pushed onto the poly belt and pulleys.

Last edited:
Exactly, contract repair, quick panel up, car as new, plus a bit of extra to cover the running around...

That was my choice second time around - and the SL looks a lot better for it :)

HI

Sorry to read all this. Feel for you mate.

I feel gutted for you Howard. The only good thing is that nobody appears to be badly hurt.

Another sorry from me Howard. :(

What did the kid say?

When he got out of his car the first words he said to me were ' Sorry , i must have fallen asleep ' ...

I said ' WTF , it's 1.30 in the afternoon mate ! '

His chest hit his steering wheel pretty badly , which suggests that he was in a relaxed state as you or i would have a death grip on the wheel with our arms locked ...

My witness , who was following the guy who hit me , said that he saw our brake lights on while we were waiting for the roundabout , and that the Pug never braked at all , first he thought ' oh, his brake lights aren't working ' then he thought ' he's gonna hit them ' , then smash !

What can I say that the others haven't? Gutted for you buddy.

Glad both yourself and Angela are OK.

I hope it all gets sorted soon.

Ouch... best thing is you're both OK.

Unlikely the car is economic to repair either in my unqualified opinion. But look on the bright side, its a buyers market out there, you could pick up something even nicer with your insurance dosh.

People, please stop hinting about whiplash and neck injurys. This is England not America.

If an injury has occured I'm sure Howard will have mentioned it to the Police officers at the scene.

Last edited:
Yes, precisely, it happens.
All the more reason to get checked out by a medial professional.

People, please stop hinting about whiplash and neck injurys. This is England not America.

If an injury has occured I'm sure Howard will have mentioned it to the Police officers at the scene.

Come on Simon, I don't think it's quite what you've got in mind here.

Howard's car has been shunted very hard. Just look at the pictures!

I'm surprised as much as anyone by the number of people who 'try it on' with the slightest of knocks, but that's a pretty heavy impact - I'm sure it's worth Howard taking all precautions and protecting his interests should he suffer as a result of this.

Will

Ember Court Roundabout ...

I really really don't want them to write it off , i like that car. If there's no structural damage , and it's just panels , it'll be ok.

If that's Imber Court, and the pics suggest it is, then....
Oh No! The very same place the only car I've really 'loved' was slammed into by someone "driving" with criminally poor eyesight.

The happy ending was that I rebuilt it to better than it was before. Hope yours ends that way too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom