Nikon D200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Has anyone purchased the new Nikon D200 camera yet and if so what comments do they have?

I enquired about the new 200 - 400 zoom lens but the weight is a deal breaker, but any input on telephoto lens will also be gratefully received.

The two pictures I submitted today were taken with a 70 - 200mm zoom lens at the 200mm end.

John

Rumble said:
slightly OT but i saw this on the watchdog site after reading about Rivermead, might be of interest to you

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/productrecalls/battery.shtml

Hi Rumble,
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to post the link. I actually have the D100 which is involved in this recall. Nikon contacted me about four weeks ago. Luckily my battery is not on the effected list.

The newer D200 takes a slightly different battery.

Thanks again,
John

I Am looking for a new camera at the moment.
Got it down to Either the Nikon d200
or a Canon eos 20d which can be brought on offer :D as a new version will be
out very soon.
I will wait until the PMA show is over to buy though

merc-c said:
I Am looking for a new camera at the moment.
Got it down to Either the Nikon d200
or a Canon eos 20d which can be brought on offer :D as a new version will be
out very soon.
I will wait until the PMA show is over to buy though

I am certainly not going to enter the Nikon\Canon debate and I suppose it all boils down to what lens you already have.

My local photograhic shop is letting me have a D200 for a week-end just to see what I think, they are excellent to deal with and are extremely competitive. Trouble is the camera's are on back order and are not expected to arrive for another ten to fourteen days.

John

Hi John, unless you already subscribe, March 06 edition of Practical Photography has a review of the D200 v the Canon 5D, should you be interested.

Have fun

Rob

robert.saunders said:
Hi John, unless you already subscribe, March 06 edition of Practical Photography has a review of the D200 v the Canon 5D, should you be interested.

Have fun

Rob

Hi Rob,
Thanks very much indeed, I'll have to see if I can order a copy over the Internet.

I'm always interested to read comparisons, but feel once you have purchased a collection of lens.... You will not swap over?

Regards,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom