Ninja engined C200 sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ben4proton

Has any1 put a motorbike engine in a C200. Im thinking 1 in the front and 1 in the back ?

Erm, probably not. Bit low on torque?

Concur!

Bike engines whilst giving good HP can't give the torque required to shift a 1.5 Tonne car along swiftly.

One of the best bike engines of the moment is the 1 litre lump in the BMW S1000R

Spec as follows

Power 144 kW (193 hp) @ 13,000 rpm (claimed)[1]
133.6 kW (179.2 hp) @ 13,250 rpm (rear wheel)[2]
Torque 112 N·m (83 lbf·ft) @ 9,750 rpm (claimed)
105.8 N·m (78.0 lbf·ft) @ 10,250 rpm[2]

So although knocking out the best part of 200 BHP similar to a C270 CDi the torque of the 3 litre Diesel wipes the floor with the bike engine at 295 lbf.ft which can only manage a paltry 78 lbf.ft.

Torque is what gives you good acceleration and pulling power, HP is for Top speed.

Check out a Tractors engine HP?

A big 7.7 Litre Fendt chucks out around 265 bhp, not much you may think for a near 8 litre Diesel.

However it also chucks out 1550 Ft lbs of Torque a 1500 revs, more than enough to pull a Train!

I built a zx10r powered kit car and was thinking a 3 series compact would be good to fit a bike engine in.

Merc may be too heavy?

Has any1 put a motorbike engine in a C200. Im thinking 1 in the front and 1 in the back ?

Sorry I can't be of more help. The only twin-bike engined car I know of was a C180.

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. :p

Surely a bike engine is best suited to a lightweight car. Howabout converting a Smart ForTwo?

Surely a bike engine is best suited to a lightweight car. Howabout converting a Smart ForTwo?

They don't even work in smarts.
Forget the whole idea - unless you can arrange a transmission with a ratio spread from 1st to 6th that is at least twice what a bike transmission provides.
Even Gordon Murray when he did the Rocket with a FZR1000 EXUP engine resorted to a bespoke (Weissman) transmission and it weighed a third of what you are proposing.

You will of course want to ignore this - untill perhaps you find out the clutch will last ten minutes.

Hi

This will make the c200 shift.....very very fast

Busa V8

106engine61959190.jpg

Image courtesy of H1-V8-Busa

mazza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom