Nintendo wii shortage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Started window shopping for the wii for my son's Christmas present and realise that most high street stores and websites have sold out !!

Just bought one on e-bay as there are LOADS for sale brand new. No doubt all with a healthy mark-up.

Anyone recommend good games to suit the wii?

Thanks

I'm waiting for a couple of weeks Sons Birthday 2 days before Crimbo. I've been told they're holding back on them.
Need to get 2 (one for a friend) but i'm not paying over £100 for the basic model. PC world told me 2000 had been allocated for the whole group, Dixons etc.
Toys r us, Game, gamestation, Whsmith, Argos, J Lewis.. non in at all.. Smiths had some on Monday... sold the same day? Woolies will not be getting any untill AFTER Christmas. If anyone hears of any... PM me
ta SEM

Hello,

How olds your son, as the games can depend on that...

The sports ones are great fun with freinds and the raving rabbits it funny.

Its a great games machine and think with a group of people its really good fun.

Just got back from Frankfurt, they've got them in the shops there, EUR255 to EUR265 with Wii Sports.

Was going to get one for my Neice & Nephew but my sis wants them to wait until after Christmas. The European ones are still PAL so I guess only the plug is different?

I'm sure that this 'lack of supply' is just a ploy to bolster sales in the UK.

A friend of mine at work picked one up today from game, paid around £300 with three games.

This website shows stock levels: http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/

Looks like Amazon Germany is the place to go.

I've been to amazon .de but how about warranty if it's got a problem?

Asda get them in periodically up here. All the minigames are brilliant - Rayman Raving Rabbids is fun, Wario Smooth Moves completely manic, and supermonkeyballbananablitz is hilarious.

Had ours since launch - ordered from everywhere but got from woolies last November

I'm waiting for a couple of weeks Sons Birthday 2 days before Crimbo. I've been told they're holding back on them.
Need to get 2 (one for a friend) but i'm not paying over £100 for the basic model. PC world told me 2000 had been allocated for the whole group, Dixons etc.
Toys r us, Game, gamestation, Whsmith, Argos, J Lewis.. non in at all.. Smiths had some on Monday... sold the same day? Woolies will not be getting any untill AFTER Christmas. If anyone hears of any... PM me
ta SEM

Phone your nearest Argos first thing every morning, they claim they are getting a handful delivered every other day. If any have arrived that morning, you can reserve it over the phone and must collect within 2 days. Thats what my son was told anyway, but he managed to get one from Amazon.

Russ

Ok i'm in the States but even here there is a 'shortage' well I guess there might be. Although one day a month ago my missus decided she just couldn't live without a Wii :) . Anyway we mosey on over to Walmart and are told that there is an extreme shortage of Wii's, a customer overhearing even reinforced the shortage by saying he had money to burn for a Wii but couldn't find one anywhere. Well not detered we went to a 'Game' store a mile away (closest one to Walmart) and low and behold they have one left! We snapped it up!

Short story, ok it might be hard but don't believe the hype!

BTW Wii is great!

I am gaging for a Wii.

My son is 10 and already has a PS3 aand PSP. The idea of the wii was to get the whole family involved in the more activity/sports games. The console was delivered today, brand new, with the game titled Spots; a game called my Sims, and a 1GB scandisk card - all for £225 (I have no idea whether this was fair).

Are there any other activity/sport games for the console that anyone can recommend - raving rabbits sounds like a good bet.

Thanks all

My son is 10 and already has a PS3 aand PSP. The idea of the wii was to get the whole family involved in the more activity/sports games. The console was delivered today, brand new, with the game titled Spots; a game called my Sims, and a 1GB scandisk card - all for £225 (I have no idea whether this was fair).

Are there any other activity/sport games for the console that anyone can recommend - raving rabbits sounds like a good bet.

Thanks all

Ten Pin Bowling & Golf are good fun, even the wife joins in which she never did on any other console or computer games.

Russ

I've had a Wii for a couple of weeks now (won it in a competition :) :bannana: ), I'm no gamer but it's great & my wife loves it too. I only found out how hard they are to get hold of when my sister came round and saw our Wii.

So far on Wii Sports, we quite like, Tennis, Bowling & Golf.

I've been to amazon .de but how about warranty if it's got a problem?

Shouldn't be an issue. With proof of purchase from an offical reseller, Nintendo will have to honour the warranty. Register your Wii on the Nintendo website when you get it and keep your receipt. The fact you purchased it from Europe shouldn't effect your rights. Buying it second hand from a private European seller would be a different story.

Hmmm, an American colleague of mine was also telling me about the US Wii shortage, strange isn't it...

Last edited:
Have 3 on order whichever comes first others will get cancelled.

Then i've got to hide it till Crimbo

Arrived today, i've had lots of info of the unit coming in. unless there's another panic i dont see why some people are paying over the odds

Now what should i buy next to add to it.. Tiger Woods... anything else?

try trauma centre great game daughter plays it all the time she could save many loves and re build people to ,,worth looking at also the baseball on sports is fun but wears you out as does the boxing but remember to wear the strap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bannana: :rock: :D

remember to wear the strap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bannana: :rock: :D

I'll leave that till the watershed:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom