Nissan DeltaWing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
I could listen to Ben Bowlby all day long, fascinating .... :rock:

[YOUTUBE HD]c_INdbXMqsw[/YOUTUBE HD]

Tough little car

[YOUTUBE]r_KDcbXEybg[/YOUTUBE]

Amazing performance!

[YOUTUBE]UInHaXfoAQY[/YOUTUBE]

I thought the DeltaWing had been ditched in favour of Bowlby's new FWD project?

Bowlby, in my opinion, is the first to display creativity of the type Colin Chapman had. (Gordon Murray was/is good, but not in the same league as BB and CC).

This: ''Bowlby was building racing contraptions’ from a very early age and as a teenager constructed a remarkable wood/composite monocoque , and utilized some March 803 suspension and an 8 valve air-cooled Suzuki bike engine with Bowlby Snr, to go racing with.''

I think is the car featured in CCC Magazine. Stratos shaped body with a massive venturi tunnel passing right through its middle and the first BEC I'd seen. Obvious then that BB was an original thinker. I think, also, that that feature stated that BB is dyslexic.

Here's another of his earlier efforts. The Bolby MkII Marshall & Fraser Racing Team
Marshall%2BFraser%2BBowlby%2Bat%2BRockingham%2BMay%2B2015%2BAssembly.jpg

But didn't only one of the Nissan LMP1 cars finish this years LM 24hrs ........... last!

Thinking about it some more, the Stratos shaped car came after the Suzuki I think. I remember now that it had a Honda CBR engine - a 16 valver - and he wouldn't have gone from 16 to 8 valves. Also, the Stratos was much more aerodynamically ambitious with ground effect, enclosed rear wheels, etc. Ran in the same class as the Suzuki I suspect. And was painted in the same yellow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom