Nissan navara pickup truck review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Nissan%20Navara%20NP300%20(3).JPG

Why would anyone be interested in a Nissan Pickup on a Mercedes forum- weeell ----because rumour has it this may be the basis of a future Mercedes Pickup truck.:dk:

Nissan Navara NP300 2015 - Van Review | Honest John

We already have one in the form of the 6 wheel G Wagen .

Let's hope they have the good sense to not put a Navara engine in it!

Couldn't agree more.....a truly bad engine although if they had any sense Nissan would fit a new engine design to this new model

There will be a huge difference in price and thus accessibility- the 6 wheel G wagon in essence being a large TONKA toy for the very rich. No doubt Mercedes will have their eyes on the US market where the Ford F series pickup has consistently been the largest selling small passenger vehicle for many years.
Best-Selling Pickup Trucks: June 2015 - PickupTrucks.com News

Good luck getting the "Gud'ol'boyz' buying a "dinky foreign pram" :D

It quite likely Mercedes will fit their own drivetrains and have their own external and internal trim otherwise how can they justify the predictable higher price for that iconic badge.;)

ps if you read the Honest John review it mentions 5 link rear coil suspension and a new 2.3 diesel with twin turbochargers---- Any of that sound familiar? ;)

Last edited:
It quite likely Mercedes will fit their own drivetrains and have their own external and internal trim otherwise how can they justify the predictable higher price for that iconic badge.;)

Well they might fit an engine cover with a star on it.............;)

I think the Citan van uses the same Renault mechanicals as the Kangoo it's based on, and the new Vito uses a Renault engine too. So it could well be just cosmetic differences for a Nissan sourced pickup?

see my ammended post #7 but just speculation on my part

Last edited:
Some Forum members may be driven to suicidal thoughts but the fact is, within a very short time, your precious Mercedes Benz will just be a division of a Dacia, Renault, Smart, Nissan, Infiniti conglomerate with a continuing association with VAG commercials.

Remember, you read it here first!

I don't know anything about it but the existing Nissan engine must be pretty bad if it's considered even worse than a MB 4 pot diesel.

Whatever, they have some poke as I found out yesterday on the A92 as one shot past me on the inside of the Bankhead roundabout, Glenrothes. :eek:

on the A92 as one shot past me on the inside of the Bankhead roundabout, Glenrothes. :eek:

Getting adventurous in your dotage Dell. I take it you dusted off the old pith helmet before venturing north of the Forth?

i had a from new 06 model. bloody awful.
fast tho'

diff broke.
rear axle bearings went twice
alternator bearibgs went
sat nav blew up
paint flaked off with a jet wash
gearbox constantly failed in 4x4.

and it almost never went off road

sold at a 14 grand loss in 3 or so years.

Bought a brand new Navara in 2008; the best interior in its class but terrible reliability, the worst of which was the drivers seat randomly moving towards the steering wheel while you were driving, attempting to crush you.

Very scary.

Bought a brand new Navara in 2008; the best interior in its class but terrible reliability, the worst of which was the drivers seat randomly moving towards the steering wheel while you were driving, attempting to crush you.

Very scary.

I once drove a Morris 1000 Traveller belonging to a customer, it had a really stiff clutch so I pulled on the steering wheel for leverage. Big mistake as I found out when it came off in my hands shifting from 3rd to 4th :eek:

I had an 08 navara also. Bought it as a 6 month old ex-demo.
Didn't have any problems during my ownership but there were many scare storys around regarding transmission & drive shafts so I traded it in just before the warranty ended. I had added a tow bar, load liner & mountain top, but setting aside the cost of them only lost about £1500 in just over 2 years.

Last edited:
The problem with all Nissans now is that they are Renaults with a different name and with the same crap reliability. Says very little if MB are using it.

Had two pickups new in '07. One auto, one manual. The manual wrecked 3 clutches in 16000 miles until a so called 'heavy duty one was fitted. By the time they both reached 70K miles they had wheel bearings (front), prop shaft hardy spicer bearings (twice). The auto spat its turbo. never again...

dual mass flywheels were a problem. i was a mod on the navara owners forum. better typing in those days..... ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom