Nissan Qashqai?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Guys, what's the consensus on the qashqai?

I'm thinking the 4x4 teknica model...

M.

Guys, what's the consensus on the qashqai?

I'm thinking the 4x4 teknica model...

M.

Never driven one but bizarrely I have been looking into it in detail to replace my C63 estate, which my wife never drives. Then I could get a e92 M3. I think the Qashqai is like a Golf, can't argue with it on any front: resale value, classless, reliable, adequate, practical, easy, even fun (I have kids),...

You also get a lot of kit in the tekna and 4x4 will keep you moving in an inch or two of snow.

Would be interested to know how your thinking develops on this.

Last edited:
What Car's verdict. " The Nissan Qashqai is the finest small SUV on the market. It’s thoroughly deserving of our 2014 Car of the Year award." Most other reviews concur. If you want 4WD you may have to go to the slighly larger engines likewise if you want the CVT auto. Favorite engine seems to be the 1.5 diesel [ if its good enough for Mercedes-------?? ;)] and the ACENTA mid trim level. I predicted these would be a runaway success when I first saw them in the showroom--- and they all had sold tickets on them !
A recent shootout with the slightly facelifted Kia Sportage came down in favour of the Quashqai despite the KIA longer warranty.

The outgoing model was a nice drive and excellent vfm. The new one looks much better and reviews are favourable but a test drive would confirm any questions.

Lease deals look very attractive even with it still being a fresh model.

Apparently they are very good.

Oddly, I'm thinking of one too, to replace my Toyota! Very nice interior and seems well put together. I might test one (Auto, Tekna) in the week. I'll report on findings if you like.

Incidentally, while we were at MotorExpo in the week we popped over to the O2, and saw the new X-Trail at the Nissan Innovation centre. It looks exactly like a large Qashqai! Again, lovely inside and very promising car I think.

I like them, pity they don't put any decent sized engines in them.

My wife has one, Bought new on a 63 Reg she loves it, Its the +2 which is the 7 seater version and we went for the 1.6 Petrol as i hate the 1.5 dci renault lump lol

My wife has one, Bought new on a 63 Reg she loves it, Its the +2 which is the 7 seater version...

Think they've dropped the 7 seater version on the new model.

I test drove the 1.6 auto a few weeks ago, it was a Teckna with all the b&w included, but it felt very small and crampt inside, could be because it only came with black interior also, drove well although I didn't think it as refined as the reviews suggest....still a lot of diesel grumble even on mild accel, box (cvt) felt nice but made the car quite sluggish.
Nice car but........we are not buying one.

Friend just bought a Hyundai IX35 after looking at the Quashqai. Needed plenty of boot space and Quashqai a bit limited. Also wanted the 7 year warranty.

Warranty isn't something that worries me (company car, 2 year lease with tyres/servicing/tax/insurance included - just add fuel).

To be honest, I was looking at the panda 4x4, but they don't do cruise control on them (not even as an optional) and the helpful lady on the phone suggested I look at a "cashcow"...

A bit of googling brought up favorable reviews, but was curious to see if anyone had one. I think I'm limited to the 1.6 engine if I want 4x4, which lowers the mpg to 50-ish on motorways it seems... but still a sight better than the 25-30 I'm getting now on the V6...

Will book a test drive and report back...
M.

We bought a 2012 Juke from new - 1.6 petrol CVT auto (which is I guess what you would get in the Cash&carry). Not sure if you can get a diesel auto but you can't in the Juke.

So far been faultless and customer service at Nissan is a different world to MB.

Very happy with it.

If we had needed more room - we would have gone for one.

Did you get the Tekna Juke with leather and all the toys? I tried one of these but was a little skeptical about the interior quality. How do you find it?

Did you get the Tekna Juke with leather and all the toys? I tried one of these but was a little skeptical about the interior quality. How do you find it?

I've run one for two and a half years now. It's suited me fine doing school runs, long trips and all weather conditions where I wouldn't dare drive my E55.

The interior is not the best compared to some manufactures but this is Japanese cars full stop. However there are no annoying rattles and it has been very reliable, with not one problem in my ownership.
Seriously considering a quashai myself.
Will be interested on how people have go on

No, we bought an Acenta Premium. It's not really my car and Mrs JB didn't want all that stuff as she prefers cloth. I do too as it happens but you don't really get it in Mercs!

Sorry but really why would you buy one styling is a no no

I don't like any CLKs at all... why would anyone else want one?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say.

I've run one for two and a half years now. It's suited me fine doing school runs, long trips and all weather conditions where I wouldn't dare drive my E55.

The interior is not the best compared to some manufactures but this is Japanese cars full stop. However there are no annoying rattles and it has been very reliable, with not one problem in my ownership.
Seriously considering a quashai myself.
Will be interested on how people have go on

Yes, I have to admit that when we get snow, I will be using the Juke. Last time I used the E55 in the snow, it was fine but the snow wasn't that bad.

I find the interior to be fairly well put together. Feels quite solid and no rattles.

Colleague of mine bought one early April if I recall. Likes the car, plenty of kit. Recently cracked the screen. Is promised one next week, apparently none in the UK for the new model, this will be about four weeks driving a car with a very large crack. I would have demanded a loan car I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom