No.1 Son's Driving Experience day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snoop51

Car
MB E350 CDI Sport w/ command & leather
No. 1 Son had a driving experience as his present for reaching the grand old age of 19 in January. He finally got around to booking it for last Saturday at 0800 hrs so we decided we would go stay over near to the track at Heyford Park, Oxfordshire the night before.
SWMBO, myself and No.1 son went over there Friday evening, had a meal and a couple of drinks (nice to be able to sit and chat with him as normally nowadays, we're old farts not to be seen with).
Got up early doors Saturday arrived at Heyford Park far too early so had to wait but they did fetch all the cars out earlier so we had a good nose around them. Aston DB9 (x2), Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari 360 (x2), Porsche 911 (x2), Lotus Elise (x2), Caterham Seven, Mitsubishi Evo & Subaru Impreza STI (x2).

After the safety briefing they were taken out in the Scooby to show them the track. Then it was straight into the Lotus for 4 laps, then a 10 minute break, Porsche 911 (4 laps) 10 minute break, Ferrari 360 (4 laps) break final drive in an Impreza, followed by a lap being driven by a Pro driver in the Lotus who showed him how he should have driven. After the adrenaline wore out he slept all the way home in the car with a stupid grin on his face. He now thinks I should buy him a Subaru for starters followed by a Ferrari when he's had a couple more years driving. (In his dreams LOL:D)

All in all a really good day and I would recommend it for anyone with a Son/Daughter of that sort of age. We have an in car video of him in all cars as a momento plus photographs, the instructors seem really good, the highlight for me being him in the Porsche being told "the accelerator is a volume switch like on a stereo not an on/off switch like a light, squeeze the throttle out of the turns otherwise the a*se will overtake you".:D

Top speed of the day between bends, 125MPH in the Ferrari.:)

Attachments

• IMG_2668.JPG
    IMG_2668.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2764.JPG
    IMG_2764.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2896.JPG
    IMG_2896.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 59
That looks like white ferrari - see my earlier thread!

I bet you were itching to have a go....

The opportunity was there but it was his day not mine. I'll just have to book a half day AMG Experience @ MBworld for another day.:D

He has said he would prefer to do things like this instead of just having cash which was a surprise. SWMBO asked if I would like to do something like it I said AMG experience closely followed by rally driving. The rally driving might be a double header for Xmas, me & No.1 son.:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom