No AMG in the UK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Limited Edition

Car
1993 190E (3)
I was told that Mercedes would not allow AMG parts or accessories to be imported to the UK. Is this true? Why would they do this?

Regards,

Don

nope it's not true!

hahah we get the AMG C55 and USA doesn't what does that mean ;) :bannana:

Err .. Mercedes own AMG - so cant see the logic even if it was true... AMG is to Mercedes what M Power is to BMW ...

Originally posted by mbzslk230k
Err .. Mercedes own AMG - so cant see the logic even if it was true... AMG is to Mercedes what M Power is to BMW ...

Its not quite so clear cut , yes you would assume that they would import AMG cars into the Uk , but , mercedes also still make the G wagon which we can't get and they don't import the 4 MATIC models .

Fuzzer - There is a limited market for G Wagens - and similar for 4-matic models ... hence probably why MB dont import it ... rather than AMG models for which there is demand and (more) healthy profit margins ...

MB has become a volume manufacturer ...

Please note that the originator of this question/thread (Black 1994 C280) is based in the USA. Don't know if that alters any answers.

I know a man who ordered a G55 AMG through his UK Dealer.

But he was talked out of it & bought a ML55 instead.

Good choice:bannana:

Originally posted by Black 1994 C280
Does MB sell AMG accessories in the UK? (ie ///AMG Shirts, Hats, etc.)

I've never seen any AMG accessories, but unlike the USA we can order ALL parts from our stealerships, so if someone can find the part numbers for the AMG clothing etc I can order it from my local stealership parts dept.

I've seen a very swish AMG keyring in my local stealership, even the ring that holds the keys was flattened with a high mirror finish to it, the decorative part was a square chunk of stainless polished to a high mirror finish with the AMG logo on it.

I've also seen the AMG interior door sills.

S.

AMG 'collection' and accessories part numbers are HERE

Originally posted by Guy
AMG 'collection' and accessories part numbers are HERE

excellent I will try some of those part numbers out with the stealership tomorrow :)

Thanks Guy! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom