no boost. fault code air flap actuator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSturge

Car
c180
Hi there. Newbie here! I have a 53 plate c180kompressor. Its been flat for the entire time I've owned it. Recently the engine light came on and it was fault code P0234 and P2033: recirculating air flap actuator. As soon as the fault clears it comes back again. I had the engine ecu tested and that is fine. Removed the flap from the supercharger and sent it to bba reman. They tested it and said It was working fine.
On live data with the code reader its reading 82 degrees and doesn't seem to move. While it was apart I moved the butterfly by hand and the degree value changed - so the feedback potentiometer is working. I cant seem to find any wiring data for the pin out. I dont want to just buy a new valve for a few hundred pounds until I know its definitely that! Has anyone else come across this fault or does anyone have any pin out information so I can test the wires on the valve. It looks like a fly by wire throttle body.

Hi there. Newbie here! I have a 53 plate c180kompressor. Its been flat for the entire time I've owned it. Recently the engine light came on and it was fault code P0234 and P2033: recirculating air flap actuator. As soon as the fault clears it comes back again. I had the engine ecu tested and that is fine. Removed the flap from the supercharger and sent it to bba reman. They tested it and said It was working fine.
On live data with the code reader its reading 82 degrees and doesn't seem to move. While it was apart I moved the butterfly by hand and the degree value changed - so the feedback potentiometer is working. I cant seem to find any wiring data for the pin out. I dont want to just buy a new valve for a few hundred pounds until I know its definitely that! Has anyone else come across this fault or does anyone have any pin out information so I can test the wires on the valve. It looks like a fly by wire throttle body.

My 99 230 k had that problem and it turned out to be the maf contaminated with oil but not saying that's your problem but you never know. Take it out and look see if it's covered in oil.

Okay thanks I will. I drove it up the road with a boost gauge fitted and it wont go past 0 so I suspect the valve isn't moving atall :( just need to know if its the valve not moving or if its not being told to move

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom