No cabin heat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

foru2justnv

Car
Mercedes w211 E320 CDI s212 e220cdi
Hi All
S212 e220 cdi
2 days ago on a motorway journey home my blower started blowing cold on the passenger side.
Yesterday I got cold both sides but then got hot air intermittently.
I have scanned car and got aux water booster codes.
I felt for vibration on the pump located just behind drivers side headlight and there wasnt any.
There are 3 hoses 1 small hose
Bottom hose going from what I can see is inside to cabin via an aluminium pipe towards bulkhead and 1 hose from plastic joint with radiator bottom hose to engine block.

Would no heat really be caused by this auxillary pump as I thought this just helped circulate coolant at idle.

Now at the same time as all of this i started getting a chirping sound under boost from centre rear end of the engine almost like a boost leak sound but cant pinpoint it.
Could it be related?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Ah, trust me to pick the wrong model.
Hope you get it sorted quickly. Its turned a bit parky today!

Is the car getting up to full temperature and staying there at all road speeds, if not, it points to the thermostat not operating properly, the car will run cool at higher road speeds, not allowing the coolant to warm up properly.

Hi
Yes sorry should have mentioned that.
Temperature is exactly where it should be and coolant is not dropping or low.
I think its the valve(dont know what its called) that comes off block from front of engine and t's off to radiator hose and aux coolant pump as this hose is cold to pump but hot to radiator therefore cold from aux pump to inside car but someone may know better.
I have a friend with same car and his is boiling hot so maybe im getting closer

I have heard about Olli at pcs and have used him being and could'nt praise him anymore. He is extremely good with mercs but its a long drive if it turns out its a silly valve or something so just wanted to get some opinions before i did the drive down.

Ok a few updates. Problem is still there the noise was a camchain cover gasket with 4 hours labour.
Now cant fully bleed system as fabs not kickin in.
Took fan wiring plug off. Earth was ok main live was ok also had a small live but the green small wire when i jumped it made fans kick in so fans are ok just the signal to fans in an overheat situation isnt.
Therefore need to find out if someone can tell me where start of green wire is so i can check for continuity and expected voltage.
Also my auxillary coolant pump supply wire is no supplying power so when i jumped that directly it started working as well.
Therefore need to know the start of that wire as well pls.
Regards
Tiff

Also forgot to mention heating still not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom