NO CARPLAY OR ANDROID AUTO on my E200 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris2ferMBC

Car
E200 AMG LINE ESTATE 2018
Hello

I am new to this just bought my Car Last week I have used Android Auto Play in Previous hired cars by plugging in my Android Auto install mobile ,,well to my shock having spent 22k on a E200 amg line ,,S213
plugged in my mobile in the correct port and I get a message This Device is Not supported ...so I tried my My Mrs iPhone ,,,same message I read that you need top quality USB lead so bought a 5star rated one on amazon ,,,same issue , Took my car to the local Mercedes Garage and I was informed that CARPLAY & ANDROID AUTO is not installed in my car ,,,and am seriously pissed off

any advice on what to do please anybody ?

chris

Try doing some searches for related threads here as I'm sure people have asked about having it retro-fitted before.

There was a period in 2017/18 where Mercedes didn’t fit Car Play/Android and where retrofit (possible on other build date Mercedes) couldn’t be done. Mercedes and firmware/software don’t seem to be a good fit - see the thread on here re: Mercedes disabling lane keep assist and self parking on customer cars!

There are a limited number of after market solutions available; important to note that depending on your build date it is likely that the Chinese boxes on Amazon/eBay etc. will not work.

Assuming your car is fitted with the Comand system then your options as I see them are:

1. Check with MB Dealer whether your car can be retrofitted - it could be just a software update (unlikely but do this first)
2. Check the version of Comand you have, then buy this and fit/get it fitted. The benefit of UK manufacturer/supplier and wireless operation are obvious, the cost is extortionate, esp if you need to activate the Aux channel with their aux activator!

3. Stick with Comand; am keen to get Car Play but wavering over the cost. In my 2018 registered W205 Comand the system gives iPhone wireless or wired access to music, phone and txt messages with album art, playlists and full search and play options. The Comand nav system is ok, tho not at all a Waze!

💡One thing I dont know is whether MB could activate the Aux in channel on my car, or whether any other capable ICE outfit could. hmmm, will check that out

hope this helps

Hello

I am new to this just bought my Car Last week I have used Android Auto Play in Previous hired cars by plugging in my Android Auto install mobile ,,well to my shock having spent 22k on a E200 amg line ,,S213
plugged in my mobile in the correct port and I get a message This Device is Not supported ...so I tried my My Mrs iPhone ,,,same message I read that you need top quality USB lead so bought a 5star rated one on amazon ,,,same issue , Took my car to the local Mercedes Garage and I was informed that CARPLAY & ANDROID AUTO is not installed in my car ,,,and am seriously pissed off

any advice on what to do please anybody ?

chris
Hi Chris - I recently bought a retrofit CarPlay/Android Auto box for my Merc on eBay and had it fitted by some experienced guys. If you can get yourself over to Bury one evening they'll fit it for you

Sounds like you have maybe a standard spec AMG Line or SE, or a car with a premium pack. If so, you won’t have COMAND so won’t have CarPlay. You’ll need to get it retrofitted by somewhere like integrated automotive

Apple CarPlay / Android Auto can be fitted to many E class models. Some with Audio 20 included.

Send your vin number to me at [email protected] and I can advise accurately for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom