No checks when purchasing tier 1 warranty.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doc matt

Car
Cls63amg. Turbo d.pipes, decat, Quaife.
I've had my CLS63 a month now and to be safe I purchased a Tier 1 warranty this afternoon online via the mb warranty website. :cool:

Years ago When I bought a second hand 911 without warranty I purchased a warranty from Porsche for 12 months and as part of the warranty purchasing I had to take it to Porsche for their 70 point check (or 100 point check or whatever it was).
The check makes sure there isn't any issue with the car, especially an ongoing problem that could have been rectified by purchasing a warranty to get it sorted.
They also check the car isn't mapped or modified etc...

But Mb just took my card payment and said I'll be covered in 24 hours time. :dk:

The thing is I don't actually know if the cars been mapped or not and wouldn't be happy if there was an engine failure and then they come back to me and say not covered because of modifications.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

I've had my CLS63 a month now and to be safe I purchased a Tier 1 warranty this afternoon online via the mb warranty website. :cool:

Years ago When I bought a second hand 911 without warranty I purchased a warranty from Porsche for 12 months and as part of the warranty purchasing I had to take it to Porsche for their 70 point check (or 100 point check or whatever it was).
The check makes sure there isn't any issue with the car, especially an ongoing problem that could have been rectified by purchasing a warranty to get it sorted.

But Mb just took my card payment and said I'll be covered in 24 hours time. :dk:

The thing is I don't actually know if the cars been mapped or not and wouldn't be happy if there was an engine failure and then they come back to me and say not covered because of modifications.

Given that you have just paid for the warranty... I would no nothing.

If and when you need to claim on the warranty, and if it does turn-out that the car was mapped, and if then MB raise any objections, worry about it then.

Not much you can about it at this point anyway.

You must be lucky or things are really bad with MB. All makes do check as far as I'm aware. What year is the CLS?

You must be lucky or things are really bad with MB. All makes do check as far as I'm aware. What year is the CLS?

Hi ftb it's a 2012

Hi ftb it's a 2012

Was only curious if it's inside the first 3 years covered by the mfr warranty... apparently not. Hope you have no issues if you ever need to make a claim.

how much did the warranty cost?

how much did the warranty cost?

With the excess ( can't blimmin remember now if it was 150 or 250 :eek:)
It was just over £1600.

Just went on line to see if I could get tier1 on my 75k miles cls55 without a check and the answer was yes..................for £4200 pa.!! And who said the Germans don't have a sense of humour!!

I am now very sceptical about any warranty commitments/value.

Sadly for me I have personally been on the receiving end of warranty companies going to extreme lengths to get out their warranty. On both occasions I had to give up the claim(s) at my expense when the warranty companies argued absurd reasons that had no bearing on the actual fault, as to why they would not pay out.

This included in one instance denying that I had notified them, that I needed to have the car repaired ( I had called them several times from the side of the road to be greeted by a "number unobtainable"message). The warranty company then, confronted with my phone records, accepted that I "may" have called them, but that they had a "telephone fault" on that day.

They argued that their small print gave them the right to deny any claim if I did not have their express consent to go ahead (I did not as I could not reach them). Their argument being that I should have delayed the work until I could reach them.

The car was stranded at the side of the road and recovered to a garage who carried out the repair on the day to get me home.

Without boring you too much with all the detail. I did consult a solicitor who advised that I would not win, even if I won. A moral victory perhaps but I would be out of pocket.

Be very wary of any warranty claims made within a short time of taking out the warranty. That is another big get out of jail card for them.

I have had the Tier 1 MB warranty on my CLS 55, 350, 63AMG and S63L

The warranty is excellent and covers literally everything you could possibly ask for, I have had many claims without any intervention from myself. I really like the fact that they don't check the car for problems because I have a Bentley 2005 and they did a full 100 point check and refused to give me warranty because my brake pads were close to legal limit and tyre pressure sensor battery was running low, if I fixed the problems then the warranty would have been approved but because of the hassle and headache they caused me I gave them the middle finger instead :D

You definitely get what you pay for with the Mercedes Tier 1 Warranty without any hassle or problems, I've had the MB Tier 1 warranty for 5 Consecutive years :)

Bargain then:crazy::rolleyes:

With the excess ( can't blimmin remember now if it was 150 or 250 :eek:)
It was just over £1600.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom