No claims bonus is it worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzowner

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6Diesel
I ask, because as we all know, the no claims is protected not necessarilly the premium. A friend of mine have a small bump £800 damage to his car, no other person involved. His protected no claims stayed at 70%, but his premium rose by £180.00 about 40% and of course, phoning around, they all ask about any claims in the last 5 years and he has to come clean, up goes the premium. So, is the cost of protected no claims really worth it?

Yes.

Get a quote WITHOUT any NCB and see how much it costs!!!

But one accident does not wipe out all of your NCB, it usually knocks you back to about 40 or 50%

I ask, because as we all know, the no claims is protected not necessarilly the premium. A friend of mine have a small bump £800 damage to his car, no other person involved. His protected no claims stayed at 70%, but his premium rose by £180.00 about 40% and of course, phoning around, they all ask about any claims in the last 5 years and he has to come clean, up goes the premium. So, is the cost of protected no claims really worth it?

Yes, how much more would it be without? Remember though that "protected" is only protected with the original company, it's not transferrable which is why it's dearer to move.

Yes, how much more would it be without? Remember though that "protected" is only protected with the original company, it's not transferrable which is why it's dearer to move.

Not true. If you can prove that you have a bonus then you can carry it over to a new policy. I always wait for my renewal to arrive which states your currant NCB and then use that as proof should it be required.

I insured my new car last week with Mercedes Benz, who only require proof of NCB if you make a claim .

Its worth mentioning here that my policy with MB was £100 cheaper than my renewal quote from Swinton and significantly cheaper than any other quote I found searching the Internet. It also has the lowest total excess of on any other quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom