No claims bonus question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Dear forum ---quite some time ago I crashed my sports car a MCLAREN F1. :fail I now have my car back good as new. :thumb: However the insurance company has told me the repairs cost £910,000. :eek: Do members think this will effect my no claims bonus? :crazy: signed Mr Bean. Rowan Atkinson's McLaren car repair costs insurers almost £1 million - Telegraph

Dear Mr Bean

Fortunately for you, you elected to take out a protected no claims bonus for a total premium of £1000. You will be pleased to know that we will keep your full NCB at renewal. Unfortunately, owing to a bad winter, rising fraud, low investment returns and people driving Mclaren F1s into trees, while we have fought very hard to keep costs down, your renewal premium will be £2 million. We look forward to you leaving us, I mean, renewing with us.

Broom Broom Insurance (in receivership).

Dear Mr Bean

Fortunately for you, you elected to take out a protected no claims bonus for a total premium of £1000. You will be pleased to know that we will keep your full NCB at renewal. Unfortunately, owing to a bad winter, rising fraud, low investment returns and people driving Mclaren F1s into trees, while we have fought very hard to keep costs down, your renewal premium will be £2 million. We look forward to you leaving us, I mean, renewing with us.

Broom Broom Insurance (in receivership).

Is a cheque OK ?

Fuel costs - congestion charges and massive increases in insurance will either drive cars off the road or cause more to drive uninsured -The latter appears to bring meagre fines thus being little deterrrent .

McLaren took a YEAR to fix a bent car???!!!!

So that's why Lewis left...

mclaren_f1_600x450.jpg

From the Telegraph report "The actor and comedian span off the road" !

When will supposedly professional writers learn to spell correctly ?

The past tense of 'spin' is not 'span' ; the latter word being defined as the full extent of something from one end to the other . Perhaps the word the reporter was looking for was 'spun' .

Sorry for the rant , but I hate poor grammar from those who ought to know better .

Perhaps he spun across the entire span of the road?

Pontoneer said:
From the Telegraph report "The actor and comedian span off the road" !

When will supposedly professional writers learn to spell correctly ?

The past tense of 'spin' is not 'span' ; the latter word being defined as the full extent of something from one end to the other . Perhaps the word the reporter was looking for was 'spun' .

Sorry for the rant , but I hate poor grammar from those who ought to know better .

Your are rite. There is no place for rong spelling in this day and age.

Not a bad effort by Rowan to make his McLaren a has Bean....but this is just a pale reflection of a real McLaren F1 incident!

FIA GT Championship Spa 1997 - Photo Gallery - Racing Sports Cars

In 1997 I was engineer for the Gulf McLaren cars and 3 were entered for that years Spa 1000kms race. Competition was quite fierce including two Mercedes CLK GTR.

On the very first lap Gounon spun our lead car at the Le Combs and ‘J’ turned it in a cloud of tyre smoke to hit 'big' John Nielsen head on in the second team car. This car then bounced back over the circuit to take the whole side out of our third entry!
Three cars heavily damaged and out of the race on the first lap. It was to become know as the Gulf wars.
So things couldn’t get much worse could they? Well not unless the hydraulics on the recovery vehicle had not failed after the race! The jib failed, dropped a car on to the corner of the flat bed piercing the underside of the monocoque and then crushing the engine inlet system with the hapless jib! I remember being there very late sorting out whose insurance covered what!
And the bill was epic!:eek:
This little fire at Le Mans cost £250,000 in repairs to the monocoque alone:(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom