no CLK cab roof handle - should I buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shugsta23

Car
mx5
Hi everyone,

I've been searching for a CLK for a little while now and have a choice of three to look at.

I have been offered one at a very very good price but it has one problem - the release handle for the electric has come off. The owner claims that this is the only problem with the car - I hope to take a look at it later this week to confirm.

Is this a relatively simple/cheap fix to achieve or should I walk away?

Any advice gratefully received. Many thanks to you all in advance.

Best look at the other 2 cars, looking at the thread posted , the clk you are looking at could turn out to be not as cheap as you think:dk:

no roof handles come complete and are £700 odd could use that as a bargaining tool though!

Walk on by, you won't be able to test the roof mechanism either. Plenty more about.

Daz

Thanks for the advice guys.

My instinct was the same and I've left it alone. Gotta choice between a nice 230K Elegance (with a teeny bit of rust on one wheel arch that could easily be sorted) vs an immaculate,lower mileage but a bit more expensive 320 Avantgarde (but the wife hates the colour:doh: - I prefer the 230 but its not a deal breaker I think).

I really enjoyed the kick down of the 230K whilst the 320 was almost too smooth at first - but it felt like I could get used to it.

Decisions, decisions.......:dk:

Have a great weekend.

Go for the 320. Much nicer to live with long term. Personally prefer avantgarde trim.

+1 for the 320. Much better than the 230 in this car.
I also prefer the avantgarde trim, but I prefer the lighter wood of the elegance.

Good luck dude!

I'm in the same boat.

Is there much running cost between the 320 and 230K

I like the sport trim, guess it all depends what colour leather you want I guess

Not much difference in running costs Benny, I can get over 34 to the gallon on the 320.
Be aware that the 230 has 4 plugs which are easy to change while the 320 has 12 which are a pita.

Took your advise TED... now own a CLK 230K whoop whoop. Just need some 18" mono blocks now

Congratulations. I really love my clk. All we need now are some piccies. :)

shugsta23 - how is the search going?

Ted - I will start a new car new thread very soon!
going to be needing some bits and advise no doubt

Hi Benny,

Still looking I'm afraid - thankfully I had a mate look at the immaculate 320. Turns out its had a respray down one side. Needs a full service, new brake discs, probably new plugs. The history, number of owners and reasons for selling didn't really add up. Mate reckons we could have talked him down in price significantly, but again the gut says no!! Something better is bound to turn up. I did learn loads about inspecting a motor tho', so it was good experience for the future.

Having a birthday break in Paris this weekend, so not looking until I get back next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

All the best guys,

shuggy

good man gut feeling is the one to go for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom