No Digital Service Report after service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ullevi

Car
R172 SLK 55 AMG and Lexus GS 300h
Hi, I wonder if I can pick your collective brains:

I took my 4yr old SLK 280 in for its service to a dealership nearby last August. Everything was sorted, car cleaned, and I took it home.

When I checked the service wallet I noticed it did not contain the DSR as on other services. It had the invoice and a couple of sheets detailing the service. I assumed that the DSR system had changed or what I had replaced the old DSR.

Come to earlier this month, I took the car to another nearby dealer to look at a slight noise the AC was making. I have tier 1 extended warranty which, of course is dependent on maintaining the service schedule (as is Mobilo).

I was then informed by this second dealership that there was no record of this last service in Aug last year on the MB system. I showed them the paperwork that I have, and they looked in other parts of the "system" and, indeed, could see that it had been done.

So, 2 weeks ago I contacted the MB dealership that carried out the last service by e-mail and asked the service manager to correct the omission and provide me with the DSR for my last service.

He said he would do so but that it would take several weeks for MB to update the data and be able to provide a DSR. I contacted him after a while and he sent me a pdf copy of DSR for my service except it was dated wrongly- 2 months after the actual service. After contacting him yet again he said that this was just a sample DSR as MB had not updated the data yet and that he would be in contact when MB had sorted this out.

Am I right in smelling BS in all of this? After all, they provide DSRs on the day of a service without the need to get "MB to update the data".

Two main things annoy me about this. Firstly, that paying £550 for a service seems insufficient for the service dept to sort out the paperwork properly, and secondly that had I needed Mobilo assistance in the last 7 months (which included a trip across Europe) I would have been left struggling to prove that the servicing schedule had been correctly adhered to.

To those in the know: Is the service manager feeding me BS about the DSR? Or should I be waiting as he has asked until MB have "updated the data"?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom