No handbrake display on dash.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

digisatman

Hi all,

I have a w211 e270d and when i put the handbrake on, the light does not show on the dash, so i know that the handbrake is on, which it should.

Any thoughts on this?

thanks,

Does it illuminate when you turn the key to position 2?If not it might be a blown bulb.

I can only guess the switch on the "handbrake" might be suspect.

pluggers said:
I can only guess the switch on the "handbrake" might be suspect.

can this be fixed by ourselves or need to be taken into mb dealer?

I can't see why it cant be a DIY job.Not having any knowledge of the W211 of course, I would say its going to be the removal of the lower dash panel to gain access.I found these pics which should be of help.From what I can tell the switch is item #80 on the second pic.

parkbrake.gif

electricsparkbrake.gif

Just before Christmas I had a problem with the parking brake display on my W202. I released the brake but the light stayed on. As a result the warning beep also started to sound when in motion even though the parking brake was not on.

Very annoying to say the least. My dad sorted it out by taking out the switch. So now I don't have the parking brake light appear whenever I have the parking brake on. I haven't got round to replacing the switch as it's not really a major problem for me at the moment.

I've attached some pictures of the switch. It looks similar to the one in the diagram so may help you in locating it.

dsc00025rq7.jpg

dsc00026ty0.jpg

dsc00027ab0.jpg

dsc00030xx9.jpg

dsc00036jw3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom