No heating.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alan1304

Car
Mercedes Benz C180 Esprit 1998
Hi guys. This has probably been covered before on here but I can't find the exact problem on here at the moment. My W202 C180 Esprit suddenly has no heating. For the last 5 years every time I turned the ignition on I would hear a quiet, gentle whirring for about 10 seconds and then the blower would kick in. Over the last 2 years the heater has very occasionally been cutting out and restarting. Tuesday morning, I went out to the car started the engine..... no heater. I have noticed now, that when I turn the ignition on I can still hear the quiet, gentle whirring but the blower doesn't kick in. My wife would appreciate any help you can give as it's getting bloody cold out there. :(

Thanks for that Dec. Very informative. I've read a lot of posts all over the net mentioning the motor or regulator, but not many saying about the switch. I shall have to get my meter on that. Also, my Scuttle is constantly filling up with leaves, but I do clear it out everytime I go out.

Many thanks for the link.:D

So, to continue the saga of the lack of heat in my car, I finally got around to taking the Blower Motor out. Once I had got it indoors to try and test it with a 12v supply, I put it on the worktop and this fell out.:eek::eek:. I take it the Fan Motor is knackered then.:doh:. Oh well..... looks like I'm off to Ebay.
002.jpg.html
Unless anybody knows of anywhere cheaper.:dk:

I'm not quite sure what that is.

Dec

Last edited:
Sorry guys. The photo's don't seem to be working. It's loads of little curved Copper pieces that have fallen through the bottom of the motor housing.
002.jpg.html

Me neither Dec. My missus said she heard a noise like a stuck leaf or something the day before it packed up. Obviously that's what it was.

Someone might say what the are.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom