No interest in my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Include the reg number so folks can check its history . my e320 was £42000 new . I sold it for £3490 . it came with almost every extra merc had to offer at the time.

Noted will get that sorted
Just found the advert in the sea of other E220 CDIs, it looks in good condition however the photos...!

-4 photos of the door shuts?
-Barely any of the actual full car.
-No shots of the front
-No shots of the rear
-No shots of the seats
-No actual shots of the wheels
-No shot of the engine
-No shot of the boot

The advert gives the impression you are hiding something in the photos. imagine if you were buying a car, what would you want to see?

I recommend taking a new set of photos! make it stand out! :)

2007 Silver MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS 2.1 E220 CDI Avantgarde 4dr for sale for £4500

From having a look at the advert, I’d probably say more photos showing the outside. Couple showing how straight the panels are as well. Give someone looking a feel for the overall condition.

Price wise it’s tricky with the W211 in my opinion because the model was built for so long.

I mean in that my E320 is a 2003 so four years older than yours and yet to the average person an almost identical car albeit pre-face lift. I’d price mine at a bit over £3k I’d imagine so when you put that alongside yours at £4.5k that may be what deters people.

That’s just a theory but I think if I was looking for one now unless it was an exceptional spec or mileage I’d take my pic from the sub £4K cars.

You can only try OP and I know selling a car is frustrating. Our SL was a huge ball ache to shift.

Try more pics and as mentioned £3,999 price. It’s it in the top of the £3-4K market then. Not £4-5k. :)

I’d love to keep it but no need for it , just the two of us and she has a family car too.
She fell for a 2014 2.0 MX5 Hard top and as soon as I drove it it was smiles all around.

Yep, that's how it always seems to work with MX5's, our Mk3 still brings a smile when I drive it.

I'd hate to agree but the 4.5K and the pictures is going to be what deters people if they can find it.

I just done a basic search on autotrader: Mercedes, E class, Mileage to 90,000, 3k to 5k and it took me an age to find yours about 10 or 11 pages in. By the time i got there i had already past 3.5ltr cars with all the extras, AMG wheels and dealer warranties.

There were just so many of them with a few more extras and clearer pictures. There must have been 2 pages of cars at £3995 so i would probably go lower than that just to get yours seen.

I'd maybe lower the price and advertise it as a good honest well loved family car but be prepared to take a further knock at haggle time.

Your Pictures are Poor. Every picture tells a story, also have you got a sign in the cars windows, as passers by plus when you are out and about in it people will see the car in the flesh. plus it would make a good mini cab,

I just done a basic search on autotrader: Mercedes, E class, Mileage to 90,000, 3k to 5k and it took me an age to find yours about 10 or 11 pages in. By the time i got there i had already past 3.5ltr cars with all the extras, AMG wheels and dealer warranties.

There were just so many of them with a few more extras and clearer pictures. There must have been 2 pages of cars at £3995 so i would probably go lower than that just to get yours seen.

I’ve bought and sold via Autotrader and I agree with this very much. No one will find your car pages and pages in, they’ll buy one off page 1 or 2 so you have to price right (if you want to sell). Run a search on your model and then refresh it daily and watch for a few weeks: you’ll see the low-priced cars on the front pages of the search sell quickly whilst the ones with optimistic pricing stick around for ages. Autotrader is a good guide to what the market really thinks about your car’s value, in my view.

As an example, I watch E500 prices and there’s been an E500 4.7tt coupe on Autotrader for well over a year, with the trader dropping the price bit-by-bit, from originally 23k, then 22, 21, now down to 20k, but always priced a bit high compared to others on sale. I’ve no idea why he didn’t price it right in the first place, it probably would have sold way sooner. I can’t imagine the dealer is still in profit on it.

Ok , had a appraisal at Webuyanycar and offered 3,585. Guaranteed for 7 days . New photos added .

Ok , had a appraisal at Webuyanycar and offered 3,585. Guaranteed for 7 days . New photos added .
Did you:

A. Take the time and reported every stone chip on body panels and kerbmarks on wheels?

Or

B. Did you just click through the screens without drilling-down into the various sub-menus?

I found that WBAC will pay you the quoted price, but only if every dent and blemish that needs to be declared has indeed been included in the online application.

Did you:

A. Take the time and reported every stone chip on body panels and kerbmarks on wheels?

Or

B. Did you just click through the screens without drilling-down into the various sub-menus?

I found that WBAC will pay you the quoted price, but only if every dent and blemish that needs to be declared has indeed been included in the online application.

Had appointment today

THIS!!!!

Take the money and for the extra £200 you might get you are saving advertsing costs and a whole load of time wasters! Either that or put it on the classifieds here for a reasonable price sub 4K and be prepared to be haggled a bit on that!

£3500 is good from WBAC tbh.. if it were me I’d probably take it.. unless someone on forum buys it. I hate dealing with idiots on eBay/gumtree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom