No interest in my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’d go with BAC after the classified on here. Your talking a few hundred difference at most, no hasstle and a free cup of coffee. If found with WBAC the more up front you are and the more genuine the vehicle the closer they give you to trade prices. Iv found them very comparable to a good trade-in at most times.

Yes WBAC is looking more likely.
This is the only car ,and I’ve had plenty of cars that I’m really sad to pass on. Someone is going to have a lovely , well cared for car for the price of a 8 year old Vauxhall Corsa that will probably be issue free for another 7 years . I will truly miss her , it’s car that converted me to Mercedes from BMW. Feeling quite emotional, how silly.

It is astounding how cheap they are once they get over ten years old. You are right....heck of a car for the next owner for little cash. I know why there is little interest....people are TERRIFIED of the running costs. All my mates wonder how much my CLK must cost to maintain....they refuse to believe it doesn’t cost thousands every year to maintain. Mercedes have a particularly fiercome reputation for massive borkage which hammers prices.

I can tell you over 7 years of ownership it has cost less to run than many other run of the mill makes.

I done a 400 mile trip three years in the middle of the night and managed 52.1 mpg. Yes I know it’s the E220CDI but still very good.

It sounds like you really love this car, and don’t want to sell it. For that reason it’s worth more to you than than it is to the market. Is keeping it an option?

Would love to keep it but having two large cars is a pain. Parking etc and other things. I can always get another W211 , maybe a 320 sport.

Would love to keep it but having two large cars is a pain. Parking etc and other things. I can always get another W211 , maybe a 320 sport.
Have you thought about selling the other large car?

Nothing all week and may have two viewers tomorrow.

Don't bet on it, My CLK was on Ebay & Gumtree I had my fair share of "buyers" who were going to turn up with the cash but never did. Even the winning bidder on EBay never paid or turned up to collect.
I've never experienced so many people who pleaded me sell it to them never to be heard of again.

From your description and the new pictures I don’t even need a second car that much but for £3600-£3900 I’d be biting the bullet if I had the cash and lived the same side if the country. Looks a lovely motor! I think forums could be the way you sell it for the best price!

New pics looks loads better OP. Great looking example.

If WBAC are offering that then bung the price up to £4K and that would be fairly realistic.

I've bought and sold a couple of cars on here in the last year.
Very positive experiences, compared to Ebay etc.
For obvious reasons. We know a fair market value, and we do spot bullshit...

I sold my W203 after 9 years of ownership to a fellow forum member. It had 60,000 miles and a stamped service book with 3 first stamps from main dealer and the rest from Olly and Terry. It was a hassle-free transaction and the buyer was a real gentleman, he even sent me updates about the car. I didn't ask the moon and the buyer came and collected the car next-day. So my experience of selling a car to a forum member was very positive. As long as your asking price is reasonable.

I did have one member contact me on here but didn’t hear back . Be nice to pass it on to a enthusiast.

Well the only interest I’ve had is West London callers offering 3k over the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom