No interest in my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Better! :)
Still non dead on front, interior close ups, seats, rear seats, boot, engine bay etc.

Just my 2p's worth.

I don't know where exactly in yje South East you are based, but I do know that prices of Diesel cars in the greater London area - definitely pre-Euro6, but also Euro6 - have plummeted because of the impending doom and gloom for Diesel car owners.

(Just my luck... last year I sold my W203 petrol.. was told "there's no interest in petrol cars, everyone wants Diesel". This year I will be selling the wife's Kia Diesel... you guessed it.... :( )
Hrumphh...count yerself lucky you have something to sell...my wifes Renault is managing to dismantle itself quicker than I can throw money at it & now the DPF is laughing at me....Grrrr Bloody Euro 5 diesels ...what is scrap per tonne ?

Hrumphh...count yerself lucky you have something to sell...my wifes Renault is managing to dismantle itself quicker than I can throw money at it & now the DPF is laughing at me....Grrrr Bloody Euro 5 diesels ...what is scrap per tonne ?
Well, before the Kia, the wife had a Renault Scenic II with the 2L petrol engine. When we traded it in for the Kia... you guessed it... "I'm afraid there's no interest in large engined petrol cars sir"....

We got next to nothing for a 5 years old car, one previous owner, and 18,000 miles on the clock. "It's because of the two litre petrol engine, you see, no one wants these" :(

Well, before the Kia, the wife had a Renault Scenic II with the 2L petrol engine. When we traded it in for the Kia... you guessed it... "I'm afraid there's no interest in large engined petrol cars sir"....

We got next to nothing for a 5 years old car, one previous owner, and 18,000 miles on the clock. "It's because of the two litre petrol engine, you see, no one wants these" :(

Are you having any issues with the DPF using it around town?

Are you having any issues with the DPF using it around town?
Nope. None. Ziltch.

It's a 2010 car with 1.6L CRDi Diesel Engine and 5g auto.

We bought it in 2013 with 20,000 miles, it now has 25,000 miles, so it does about 1,000 miles a year.

I drove it once to Paris and back, last year it was, but from memory that's probably the only time the Kia ever saw a Motorway...

When I bought it I asked on the Kia owners forum, and was told to use Shell V-Power (which I do anyway) to prevent DPF problem.

But because the car is as tough as nails - nothing ever went wrong with it - it's difficult to say if the Shell V-Power is what did the trick, or these cars just don't have DPF issues in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom