No Internet Booze

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did anybody seriously think that the various governments would allow this through? "Cat in Hell" springs to mind!! Witness the fact that ciggies are now the same cost in France as the UK - I'm sure there was no collusion there between governments of course.... (I do not smoke BTW)

They all have a vested interest and the feelings of the electorate are irrelevant. IMHO the current government are more self-serving than their predeccesors ever were

Steve the Disgruntled!

I wonder if they still have those storage rooms under the house of commons! could history repeat itself I wonder? If you were allowed to store one barrell of black powder for each stealth tax brought in since this motley crew came to power there would be a space shortage.

Pietre said:
I wonder if they still have those storage rooms under the house of commons! could history repeat itself I wonder? If you were allowed to store one barrell of black powder for each stealth tax brought in since this motley crew came to power there would be a space shortage.

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57-BJmeh9y0

EU Finance Ministers could not agree on a minimum level of taxation and many suspect a fix was put in. Boo.

Pietre said:

Plus a loooonnngggg queue to light the fuse...!

If you remember Stephen Byers the one time Trade Minister running a campaign agaisnt rip off Britain. It seemed somewhat hypocritical given the Governement's rip off indirect taxes on many goods.

BonzoDog said:
http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article2007930.ece

and there I was thinking of setting up a little business.

Setting up ANY (hopefully successful) business under this present regime of taxation is nigh on impossible!

What with Red Ken and Prudence Brown declaring all out war on the motorist, its a wonder anyone can drive to work anymore let alone run a business or be employed by one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom