No longer sipping oil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk208

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS
My petrol CLS used to like a wee dram of oil. Nothing major and well within allowable spec - probably 200-250ml every 1000 miles for getting on for 3 years.

Since it's latest service in February this year it hasn't drunk a drop. Just checked the level as about to go on a road trip and it is firmly on the MAX mark.

Car is serviced annually at MB.

Not complaining, the money saved from the 1 litre top up bottles would buy a nice bottle of wine instead. Just curious - anyone else experienced this?

250ml per 1000 miles is certainly not "well within allowable spec". That's fairly concerning oil consumption.

I suspect you've had a leak somewhere that has been addressed during the service.

I would guess the type of oil used for the service has changed.

I know Mobil-1 has lots of complaints about oil consumption on various cars, and changing to another type cures this.

GadgetBoy said:
250ml per 1000 miles is certainly not "well within allowable spec". That's fairly concerning oil consumption. I suspect you've had a leak somewhere that has been addressed during the service.
The manual says up to 1l per 1000 miles is allowable...

250ml per 1000 miles is certainly not "well within allowable spec". That's fairly concerning oil consumption.

I suspect you've had a leak somewhere that has been addressed during the service.

It's well within spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom