No Main Screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcos

MB Enthusiast
Car
C43 estate
So I picked up a new C43 estate on Monday and today the main screen has stopped working. There is nothing at all.
Any tips or do I have to take it into my local moody dealer ?

It is not something simple like pushing the volume control knob.

Seems the screen does work as the reversing camera comes up as does the climate control so just no sat nav radio or any normal command stuff.

Found out on the internet thet the volume scroll wheel when depressed turns the screen off.

God I felt stupid
Sorry to rub it in but zipdip suggested that almost three hours ago! :)

At least it's sorted, better than going to the dealer unnecessarily.

Sorry to rub it in but zipdip suggested that almost three hours ago! :)

At least it's sorted, better than going to the dealer unnecessarily.

I know and I actually thought he was being daft as it’s a roller, then I saw a thread on another forum with a pic and thought hold on a minute.

I’ve had the right hump since 5pm for no reason hahahaha

I know and I actually thought he was being daft as it’s a roller, then I saw a thread on another forum with a pic and thought hold on a minute.

I've had the right hump since 5pm for no reason hahahaha

I consider that no question or query is a stupid one as if you don't know, well you don't know! :oops:

But now I'm sitting here at work wondering if my Volume Roller does the same! :dk:

Do sit here and wait until I leave work? o_O

Or do I risk it and sneak out to the car park in order to set my mind at rest? :devil:

Just chatting with the blokes in the office and one has a C220 and he says his is a mute button on the roller.
I’m off to check.

His roller volume button just muted things, his one has a seperate power button.

Well you are forgiven Marcos,for doubting me it happened to me in my S320 I drove away from a hand car wash and the screen was not working they I suppose did not like my choice of music and turned it off gave me a scare visions of £1000 bill to repair or replace.

If you have the PE exhaust then the roller serves as the off button. If you don't have the PE exhaust, then you should have a separate off button and the roller mutes. At least it is that way on my 17 C43 saloon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom