No more music from MP3 DVDs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WJR

Car
E320CDI Estate
My Comand has stopped playing MP3 DVDs, and shows a "DVD Error" message, although it still plays MP3 CDs. Any ideas what might be causing this? I have a 2005 E Class.

Thanks.

My Comand has stopped playing MP3 DVDs, and shows a "DVD Error" message, although it still plays MP3 CDs. Any ideas what might be causing this? I have a 2005 E Class.

Thanks.

Mine also started doing that, again 2005 E Class as well . I have ordered a top of the range cleaner an will give that a go. Will update as to the results once I get it. (My theory is its at its life end, so if this fails it will be time for me go shopping for something more suitable and up to date :) )

I wouldn't discount the discs themselves either, especially if you haven't tried a freshly burnt one and especially if they're the rewritable flavour. Contrary to manufacturer claims they can become buggy/unreadable very quickly as the dye fades. In my experience DVD RW are the most unreliable

Oh dear my cleaner wont work!! gonna try and pull the fuse for the command as read somewhere that may cure the DVD error fault? Sadly am struggling to find the fuse for it!!

My DVD on Command works fine, but does not eject CD. It does eject but only half way, cd/dvd sticks in the middle and after loads itself back.
E class manual on DVD works fine, ejects every time.

Oh dear my cleaner wont work!! gonna try and pull the fuse for the command as read somewhere that may cure the DVD error fault? Sadly am struggling to find the fuse for it!!

Search the following term in Google:

w211 fuse layout

...and look at the image results. There are a couple of images - one shows the list of fuses and the other where they are.

Problem solved

I bought a DVD lens cleaner, and that did the trick. Should have done that a few months ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom