No nasty AMG bits nailed to it!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Probably owned by some old codger who thinks AMG is aftermarket halfords

Probably owned by some old codger who thinks AMG is aftermarket halfords

There's a few on here like that so could well be a forum member.

:D

No idea what the AMG thing means but the car is hideous. I am sure if they could have made the wheels square they would. Needs crushing!

cb1965 said:
No idea what the AMG thing means but the car is hideous. I am sure if they could have made the wheels square they would. Needs crushing!

Well it looks pretty much immaculate to me 'CB' - but then very few of us on here really understand what the word means... ;-)

Well it looks pretty much immaculate to me 'CB' - but then very few of us on here really understand what the word means... ;-)

It may look immaculate, but design wise it's just yuk! Ignoring the dig - the truth hurts I guess!

It may look immaculate, but design wise it's just yuk! Ignoring the dig - the truth hurts I guess!

Am I missing something? Looks like a beautiful car and I guess the seller is highlighting that it's oem with no aftermarket parts.

Looks alright to me, and in a looked after condition

I play with all my 124s but the A124 is one I would't touch apart from getting same wheels but in 16

Perfection is best left alone at times

i had to wait till i got to my desktop at work to check we were talking about the same car???? i thought my phone app must have been playing up

i thought to myself "they can't be talking about that A124"

can you explain to me why you feel this original E320 sportline needs crushing?

Hideous? you do realise that your talking about an iconic Merc from the 90's, this car set new standards in build quality back then!

additionally whats your point about square wheels, the w124 is a w124, lots of people appreciate its design

sure maybe the seller is trying too hard to sell it and maybe his derogatory use of the lettering AMG has touched a nerve with some AMG lovers on here and maybe its even poorly guided and misunderstood however we are talking about a future classic Mercedes in a classic Mercedes colour with (IMO) the best colour interior, it has heated electric leather, head lamp wash wipe, leather/wood steering wheel, 8 hole alloys and from what i can see very little rust

IMO this will be a future classic and should be kept 100 percent original, I've kept a close eye on these cars for a good couple of years and this is about as good a one as i have found for 8k infact its about the only one i have found that i would buy for 8k, normally 8k gets you a bag of ****, this one should be a very good investment for someone,

to hear a "so called" Mercedes fan say that a hand built Merc A124 should be crushed is both in bad taste and disappointing

we all like different styles of cars and we all want something different from our cars to say someones personal taste is hideous and needs crushing shows a certain degree of narrow-mindedness on your part

at least this one, if looked after will go up in value how many AMG's can the same be said for, and i dont mean your C,E,S, CL 55k or 63s etc etc, I'm talking about the e220 cdi coupe that happens to have an AMG kit on

its my opinon but these are not AMG's they are 4 pot diesels with AMG body styling, yet i dont come on here and highlight my disgust that a car that is not AMG should have a body kit on

its down to everyones personal opinion

on a final note the car in the link (unless i have the wrong car) is an original (best colour/spec) a124 sportine for less than 8k, if i had the spare cash (which i dont, and won't for a long, long time) this would be my ideal car something i can enjoy and drive everyday and sell for good money in the future

i had to wait till i got to my desktop at work to check we were talking about the same car???? i thought my phone app must have been playing up

i thought to myself "they can't be talking about that A124"

can you explain to me why you feel this original E320 sportline needs crushing?

Hideous? you do realise that your talking about an iconic Merc from the 90's, this car set new standards in build quality back then!

additionally whats your point about square wheels, the w124 is a w124, lots of people appreciate its design

sure maybe the seller is trying too hard to sell it and maybe his derogatory use of the lettering AMG has touched a nerve with some AMG lovers on here and maybe its even poorly guided and misunderstood however we are talking about a future classic Mercedes in a classic Mercedes colour with (IMO) the best colour interior, it has heated electric leather, head lamp wash wipe, leather/wood steering wheel, 8 hole alloys and from what i can see very little rust

IMO this will be a future classic and should be kept 100 percent original, I've kept a close eye on these cars for a good couple of years and this is about as good a one as i have found for 8k infact its about the only one i have found that i would buy for 8k, normally 8k gets you a bag of ****, this one should be a very good investment for someone,

to hear a "so called" Mercedes fan say that a hand built Merc A124 should be crushed is both in bad taste and disappointing

we all like different styles of cars and we all want something different from our cars to say someones personal taste is hideous and needs crushing shows a certain degree of narrow-mindedness on your part

at least this one, if looked after will go up in value how many AMG's can the same be said for, and i dont mean your C,E,S, CL 55k or 63s etc etc, I'm talking about the e220 cdi coupe that happens to have an AMG kit on

its my opinon but these are not AMG's they are 4 pot diesels with AMG body styling, yet i dont come on here and highlight my disgust that a car that is not AMG should have a body kit on

its down to everyones personal opinion

on a final note the car in the link (unless i have the wrong car) is an original (best colour/spec) a124 sportine for less than 8k, if i had the spare cash (which i dont, and won't for a long, long time) this would be my ideal car something i can enjoy and drive everyday and sell for good money in the future

I've never liked the look of these myself, when up the roof looks like a pram to my eye.

As you infer we are all entitled to our opinion.

Looks a nice car at a fair price. Good spec too

The A124 is a very handsome car...not pretty like later CLKs.

I'd have it...but can imagine younger folk thinking it ugly.

I'd have it in a flash if I had the cash. Its the only body shape I have not had in a 124.

What anyone else thought of it or me owing it would not be on my radar at all.

Just to have it for 8k, gotta be a steal.

Would I add AMG bits to it, never.

Do I have a pop at anyone who has an AMG? nah. Life is too short. A CLS AMG would never hurt anyone.

Returning to the ad rather than aesthetics, it is slightly on the high mile side, so more restricted market. It's a 5 speed auto (they have ishoos), no mention of loom or cylinder head gasket being done and at this age and mileage I think both are likely to be an issue if not done. For a private buyer, prepared to take a risk, I'd negotiate hard on that price as I think it is toppy for the miles and issues above.

Also I'd be looking to see if any hood ECU or pump has been replaced or repaired.

To put things in perspective, this car recently sold for about £6k at auction with almost half the miles. I bought my cabrio, a 320 sportline in Azurite and mushroom (with loom, cylinder head, gasket and ECU for roof) for only £1k more.

Returning to the ad rather than aesthetics, it is slightly on the high mile side, so more restricted market. It's a 5 speed auto (they have ishoos), no mention of loom or cylinder head gasket being done and at this age and mileage I think both are likely to be an issue if not done. For a private buyer, prepared to take a risk, I'd negotiate hard on that price as I think it is toppy for the miles and issues above.

yes Loom would be an issue, he states in his ad "no loom issues" which i take as loom not been replaced so that should be taken into consideration

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom