No power fuel low

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

englishblue

Car
e class mercedes convertible e220
Hi,
I was driving to work this morning as i got off the motorway my power completely went
I pulled over and messed around putting foot on and off accelerator in and out of sport mode and it came back to life

Not even half a mile later it happened again.. I noticed my fuel was very low not to the point of running out but the needle moved slightly

I have let it run out of fuel twice down to carelessness.. I walked to petrol station put fuel in and eventually came back to life but went again down the road is it possible that it once the fuel finds its way through properly it will be fixed

Or is there an underlying problem as its never done this before even when ran to empty.

It starts no problem but then dies straight away but when it stays running the revs go up and down slightly then eventually comes back to life

Any advice welcome as i am unsure whether to risk getting back to Birmingham in it or find a local garage and get a lift back

Thanks

Probably sucked a load of crud/water into the fuel filter from the bottom of the tank when you let it run out. At a minimum a new fuel filter then see what happens.

Probably sucked a load of crud/water into the fuel filter from the bottom of the tank when you let it run out. At a minimum a new fuel filter then see what happens.
I thought that the fuel pick up was at the bottom of the tank anyway so it is alway in the supposed "crud /water" area?

OP.

It may help if you mention the model etc of the car.

I would be filling it to at least half way so lack of fuel in the tank can be ruled out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom