No power to Pioneer head unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks, will try that once I get home after work and let you know how I get on.

May not be so simple, even going back to my old W210 there is no switched earth so you need to tap into a supply, most use the cig lighter feed.

Would that be the yellow 12v permanent cable as shown in the pic I have attached. If you look at the PDF instructions I have linked to in my first post, it does not mention having to pull another feed.

The PDF clearly shows your expected to provide both a switched (ignition) and permanent feed.

Switched is to power on and off with the ignition, Perm is to maintain any memory settings etc.

Bear in mind the PDF is the wiring for the wheel controls and not for the radio. The wheel interface requirements can be very different to that of the HU.

Last edited:
Looks like in the end I only had to hook up the yellow wire to a permanent 12v feed which I found in the stereo wiring loom using my multi-meter. Surprised the yellow wire wasn't pinned in like the rest of the wires.

Can bus network "wakes up" standard head unit so all after market units require a seperate feed wiring in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom