No power to rear passenger 12volt socket

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Simonwbrown77, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Simonwbrown77

Simonwbrown77 Member

Car:
    ML320CDI sport
    Can anyone help. I have no power as in title. I’ve checked fuses in the boot and number 44 is missing which I replace to no avail. Since seen it could be a faulty relay or the socket itself. How do I remove the socket and I can’t see any clip holding it in and it doesn’t twist to remove either

2. kid-jensen

kid-jensen Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML 320 W164
    Keep us informed of any progress, mine has gone as well!

3. Salal

Salal Active Member

Car:
    W211 E320cdi Estate, W210 E200K, W209 CLK220. Previous:W203,W202 & Smart W451
    Best thing to do would be to check the voltage supply with a multi-meter. And keeping working your way through each connection of the circuit and see where you may have power and check each cable for continuity. Is the new fuse you put in not a duff one? You never know sometimes, see if it has continuity with a multimeter if you have one.

Not sure what car you have, as I couldn’t see it on your profile and you haven’t mentioned it. But most of the time they should just pry out, or they have retaining clips behind them which have to be pushed in for it to come out and the you can check the wiring to it.

But before messing with that I’d check if there is power coming up to the pins at the fusebox so you’ll know if your issue is before or after that in the circuit and you can take it from there.

4. OP
    OP
    Simonwbrown77

Simonwbrown77 Member

Car:
    ML320CDI sport
    All fuses nd relays are good I just need to know how to remove the 12v socket

5. Diesel Benz

Diesel Benz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
    I bet you missed one. Which one did you assume for the rear passenger socket?

6. OP
    OP
    Simonwbrown77

Simonwbrown77 Member

Car:
    ML320CDI sport
    My fuse chart says the boot and rear passegneger one comes off of fuse 45 so it’s defiantly the socket and I’m dammed if I can work out how to remove it still