No power to uhi with NTG2.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
As above I have no power the the uhi in the Viano.

I have just fitted the new iphone 5s cradle, nice bit of kit, but it gets no power to it so its not charging the phone.
I have the NTG 2.5 fitted so its just power and antenna I need.

I remember before I pulled the old comand out I tried the HFP module and it came up no phone fitted, I did not look any more and pulled the old nav out.

Having spent all night looking at old forum posts and it sounds like the controller.
As I am not needing the phone controls as its bluetooth I am thinking I just need power and ground to it and bypass the control unit.

Questions are pin out's of the nearest plug like the other end of the uhi plug.
Will the antenna be connected, I will leave the module fitted and just take the wires I need.

I have looked at the mercedes up grades pages done by Richard and found pin outs for UHI DB2, but is that what I need?

I cannot see the point in changing the control unit as its redundant.

I need to sort this asap as I am going down to the guys again at comand and I like to do all I can first.

As above I have no power the the uhi in the Viano.

I have just fitted the new iphone 5s cradle, nice bit of kit, but it gets no power to it so its not charging the phone.
I have the NTG 2.5 fitted so its just power and antenna I need.

I remember before I pulled the old comand out I tried the HFP module and it came up no phone fitted, I did not look any more and pulled the old nav out.

Having spent all night looking at old forum posts and it sounds like the controller.
As I am not needing the phone controls as its bluetooth I am thinking I just need power and ground to it and bypass the control unit.

Questions are pin out's of the nearest plug like the other end of the uhi plug.
Will the antenna be connected, I will leave the module fitted and just take the wires I need.

I have looked at the mercedes up grades pages done by Richard and found pin outs for UHI DB2, but is that what I need?

I cannot see the point in changing the control unit as its redundant.

I need to sort this asap as I am going down to the guys again at comand and I like to do all I can first.

The comfort phone option (386) for NTG 2.5 does not use a controller so the one you have is redundant and isnt replaced by another anyway.

The UHI system is basically redundant too. Comfort phone, although it uses the same style of connector, is completely different. It actually communicates with the Comand unit over bluetooth. It does have an antenna connection though. We have a number of the comfort phone components here so we can look at it for you when you come down.

I have the new comfort phone uhi parts now, I am missing the front face but it's coming.
I can see its different and has a small plug with 4 wires, looking on wis I can see 3 are used and with an eye loupe you can see the PIN numbers in the new contact plate.
Just cannot make up my mind on pin 3, does that go to the quadloc pin 7 and is just a trigger wire and the power comes from pin 1 7.5 amp ignition live?

I will get some pictures up later.

All done and working, just need to sort the coding in the morning.

Any help on setting this up, we found comfort phone and enabled it but it cannot find it.
Would SCN coding sort it?

We have a result on this now.
I had a problem with my bluetooth antenna and swapped it.
Found the cradle and it works fine with my old Nokia but with the iphone 5s and cradle it says no phone present.
The old Nokia reads texts sms message, I guess its a safety thing with Apple.
All in all well pleased to get this working, it charges the iphone and antenna is external and it makes use of the old system mount hole in the dash.
Its also nice how it switched with each phone mount.

We have a result on this now.
I had a problem with my bluetooth antenna and swapped it.
Found the cradle and it works fine with my old Nokia but with the iphone 5s and cradle it says no phone present.
The old Nokia reads texts sms message, I guess its a safety thing with Apple.
All in all well pleased to get this working, it charges the iphone and antenna is external and it makes use of the old system mount hole in the dash.
Its also nice how it switched with each phone mount.

Did you manage to pair the comfort phone base to the comand?

The iphone5 cradle doesn't have Bluetooth built in. It relies upon the head unit Bluetooth. Hence it will report no phone if you select convenience phone.

Did you manage to pair the comfort phone base to the comand?

The iphone5 cradle doesn't have Bluetooth built in. It relies upon the head unit Bluetooth. Hence it will report no phone if you select convenience phone.

Yes we found the bluetooth uhi mount with the bar code and it put the sms on the comand,but still says no phone with the iphone 5s
The old nokia works a treat, you can scroll to read out text and it does just that The iphone say no phone present.
If I remove the cradle and refit it it automatically goes to the bluetooth phone and sms is not avalable.
If I then remove it and fit the nokia cradle it auto switches to comfort phone and sms is highlighted.

Yes we found the bluetooth uhi mount with the bar code and it put the sms on the comand,but still says no phone with the iphone 5s
The old nokia works a treat, you can scroll to read out text and it does just that The iphone say no phone present.
If I remove the cradle and refit it it automatically goes to the bluetooth phone and sms is not avalable.
If I then remove it and fit the nokia cradle it auto switches to comfort phone and sms is highlighted.

I think this behaviour is entirely consistent with how the iphone5 cradle is supposed to work. Because it isnt bluetooth unlike the iphone4/4S cradle it isnt doing very much at all except charging the phone and allowing use of the external aeriel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom