No SBC Hold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goodeone

Car
Mercedes E320 CDI W211
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone can tell me if all w211's have SBC Hold as i am 99% sure I do not. I have a 52 plate E320 CDI and I have looked at all the posts on how to activate it and asked my local indi who could not make it work, They said they thought all w211 have it but may be not. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Do you get any dash message when you try and initiate SBC Hold?

Dose the other part work ? Think it's called sbs stop .

No nothing on the dash, no warnings and no sbs stop, no sign of any sbs functions at all.

Check with your dealer. My indi told me today that dealers were being instructed to delete the sbc hold function as Merc believes it causes long term problems. I'm going into the main dealer tomorrow, will report what they say.

Hi,
I would have expected the car to have it. It is a bit of a technique to activate it and a sort of light dab on the brake pedal when stopped should put a SBCH sign on the speedo display. It has been much discussed here on the forum if you search. The stop function, which means that you only need the accelerator (up to 40mph) to control the car is an easy one to test. Useful in traffic as you just press to go and lift off to brake without touching the brake pedal. Set by putting cruise on at standstill and the display shows SBCS on the display. It pings off if you exceed 40mph or thereabouts. All in the handbook.
I beleive the problem with hold, this is also on the latest cars too, is that at stop the pads are in contact with the discs and this can affect heat conductance and cause warped discs.
Don

Do you have SBC? Very first cars in model series were without it... Lack of hold may also point something faul in system. Hold was not deleted (it's available actually in facelift models without SBC system), but SBC stop was disabled in SBC update, if done (yet mine still remains despite the change of the SBC unit, I think they forgot or didn't know how to update the program).

I think the very first W211's didn't get it, I owned a 52 plate W211 and it didn't have the SBC function.

Thanks everyone for the input, I have tried a hundred times to get it working and my indi has tried but nothing. I think its not installed, I think I do have sbc as I hear it charging (coffee Grinder) and it looks the same pump as Ive seen in all the pictures, It seams I have all the negitives of SBC without any of the perks. :(

"STAR" diagnosis may well be the only way to tell what the problem is if your car is sbc equipped. My sons needed the auto gear shift module changing as the electronics had packed up - its not a cheap part new either circa £500 - maybe you can get a secondhand part with warranty

On mine when stationary, a slightly firmer push enables it so my guess is you don't have it if yours doesn't do the same.

Check with your dealer. My indi told me today that dealers were being instructed to delete the sbc hold function as Merc believes it causes long term problems. I'm going into the main dealer tomorrow, will report what they say.

Did you find anything out?

On mine when stationary, a slightly firmer push enables it so my guess is you don't have it if yours doesn't do the same.

Did you find anything out?
Haven't had a chance to go yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom