no schumacher return after all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thats a real shame but after a neck injury like he had in February I guess it's not a real suprise, no point subjecting yourself to those high G forces and causing permanent damage. Quite a sensible decision really and I bet he's gutted as I think he was genuinely looking forward to getting back in the car and competing with the worlds current best.

Gave a huge amount of publicity to F1 and presumably helped ticket sales for the next GP (being cynical!)

A bit disappointing it would have been interesting to see how he compares after his lay off.
I must admit I would be pretty upset if I had bought tickets just to see him race and then he pulled out.

A real shame, I was looking forward to seeing him race again, real fairy tale stuff. Agree with Nibbo, would be gutted had I bought a ticket on the back of it!, which many did.

Maybe found he was just not competitive enough:dk: (neck injury or otherwise)?? PITY:(

We may be a cynical bunch at work but the general consensus was "2 seconds off the pace" not "sore neck".

He hasn't got anything to prove, I'm no admirer of MS but his driving talent back in the day speaks for itself. You don't get to be world champion 7 times without being something special. Better to leave it at that rather than try and make a comeback and end up looking silly..

Cheers,

Gaz.

I must admit I would be pretty upset if I had bought tickets just to see him race and then he pulled out.

To be fair, they stated at the very beginning it was subject to his fitness & he had a neck injury. Anyone who bought tickets was taking a chance & cannot feel upset.

Russ

Is this the same world champion that punted other drivers off the track? Still, although his tactics weren't greatly admired at times there is no doubt that he was a fine driver, unbeatable in the wet and it's a shame that he decided not to compete. Cynical beast that I am, I think that the neck injury (however genuine) was probably a banker for "2 seconds off the pace". Smart man - escapes with dignity intact!

I think he made the correct decision.

The last thing the F1 world would need is a driver blacking out in a high G corner due to a known injury.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom