No Service History

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sinc1964

Car
W202 C250 TD 1999
Hi all,
this has probably been answered before, but is it possible to trace a MB service history when you have lost it?? I read a long time ago that someone was able to trace it using reg number and chassis number. I have tried the relevant garage but they are not that interested in doing it.:mad:

I am about to put my 2003 CLK 270 CDI up for sale, but without any documented history its bound to scare some people off,:dk:

The MB dealer should be able to supply it as it is stored electronically! Take your car documents to them and ask nicely or try another dealer!!

I take it any dealership is able to trace the service history from another main dealer then?

Best thing to do is walk in to another dealer with your V5 and tell them you just bought the car and that the service history had been lost by the previous owner,

More likely after they check they will say " the car has not been in to us before"

Then you ask them to check the national database, this way they may not give you the mileages the car was serviced at but they will give you the details for the MB dealers the car has been serviced at in the past.

Then just give them a call!

Hope this helps

I am about to put my 2003 CLK 270 CDI up for sale, but without any documented history its bound to scare some people off,:dk:

I'm sure it will - however it is 10 year old, but if it's all together and looks well cared for it will sell, unless of course it's over priced like many are. As other's have said check with main dealer for service history.

I'm sure it will - however it is 10 year old, but if it's all together and looks well cared for it will sell, unless of course it's over priced like many are. As other's have said check with main dealer for service history.

Service history on a Merc always helps a sale!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom